2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 1:19 PM by DRMeyer

Who are the most influential analysts covering the supply chain industry?

Apprentice

Who do you look to for insights into supply chain management technology and best practices? Is there one analyst firm in particular that you turn to? Is there an individual analyst whom you believe provides the best thought leadership on the latest trends and dynamics in the supply chain industry? I want to hear about what drives your decision-making when it comes to seeking information from analysts.

Respond in the comments section below (you must be registered and logged in to do so), and take the new poll on industry analysts on the home page of the community (direct link to the survey here; scroll down to select your answer).

• Re: Who are the most influential analysts covering the supply chain industry?
          gcourtin Newbie

I think that the loss of AMR from the market research universe has left a big gap in terms of coverage. I realize that the majority of the resources have been rolled into Gartner, however the whole is less than the sum of its parts. In the past, I would leverage both Gartner and AMR Research heavily for a variety of needs - competitive intelligence, strategy and market insights to name a few. Without AMR in the picture there is an opportunity for another vendor to step into the void and fill this need. I believe that companies such as Manufacturing Insights has a real opportunity to fill this gap, I just wonder if IDC will have the business acumen to make the necessary investments to allow Manufacturing Insights to take full advantage of this opportunity.

• Re: Who are the most influential analysts covering the supply chain industry?
            DRMeyer Apprentice

In the field of sustainability in the supply chain I find that Aberdeen Research and AMR have stepped up to report on this emerging growth area and have provided a great depth of value added research.