This role will interface with RIM's Global Logistics business area, its managers and system users to define, design, implement, train and document business processes and reporting solutions. This role will be 'hands-on' and will be involved with all shipping and logistics processes. This position will work closely with an extended cross functional team of SAP Process Analysts and Super Users who are subject matter experts in various modules of SAP, Kinaxis Rapid Response, and other systems. The successful candidate will have superior subject matter expertise in shipping and logistics practices. This role will also assist and coordinate aspects of on-going cross-functional projects as required. This role will also be expected to provide first level support to end users in the affected areas and will involve an on-call commitment.
- The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Application support of shipping and logistics enabling technologies focused mostly on the SAP-SD module in a 24x7 environment.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve and enhance global shipping and logistics business processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements either in existing designs or by adopting new functionalities as they related to shipping, logistics and compliance issues.
- Planning, soliciting business requirements, designing, testing, training, coordinating start up and support activities of new sites (plants).
- Development of Business Requirements and Design Documents (BRDD), use cases, test scenarios, test cases / test scripts, business processes and procedures (BPPs), work instructions, and other detailed user related and support documentations to support standard configuration, custom programming and BI (Business Intelligence) reports development.
- Cross-functional work with upstream and downstream supply chain processes and IT support partners such as PMO, SAP Functional Analyst (FA) SAP Development and Integration, ABAP, Security, SAP Basis, Operations, and other teams as necessary to resolve technical, process, and master data issues.
- Perform as a value added team member in various process improvement initiatives to provide services to strategic and operational projects, supply chain system services requests, application support, incidents, work orders, and change requests.
- Understanding and supporting integration issues that affect the end to end supply chain processes of shipping, logistics, and delivery processes.
- Provide consulting / focused training to end users on systems operations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University/College degree in a related field, preferably an Engineering / Computer Science degree from reputed institute.
- Experience of working in shipping and logistics in a company with global manufacturing with or without CM/EMS (Contract Manufactures/Electronic Manufacturing Services).
- Business and technical experience with Sales and Distribution, Material Management, Transportation Management processes with a quality oriented organization operating in SAP application environment.
- Good understanding of integration points of MM (Material Management) and/or SD (Sales & Distribution), module with other SAP modules like PP (Production Planning), LE (Logistics Execution), WM (Warehouse Management) and TM (Transportation Management), etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience with SAP MM / SD and at least one year with focus on the processes related to shipping, logistics, and distribution.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in meeting with users and middle management to define complex business requirements in sufficient detail to help determine the appropriate SAP configuration or development required, or to document why the requirement cannot be satisfied by an SAP-based solution.
- Ability to work with a business client, project manager, solution architect and technical experts to develop, document and translate business requirements into conceptual designs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding ITIL change management process to implement new or modified processes.
- Understanding of ITIL incident management processes to manage disruption in supply chain.
- Able to conduct workshops and training sessions for end users.
- Experienced in creating process and business documentation.
- Results-oriented, creative, and innovative.
- Flexible, adaptable with a short learning curve.
- A drive for continuous process improvement.
- Team worker with leadership quality.
- SAP MM/SD certifications.
- Experience with other SAP modules: PP, MM, SD, LE.
- Knowledge of SAP eWM, APO, TM is an asset.
- Experience in Remedy, HP-Quality Center, SAP-Solution Manager, RWD UPerform.
- Certifications in Supply Chain Management (APICS or equivalent organization).
- Good understanding of an integrated supply chain framework.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or similar certification highly desirable.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience working with cross-functional business groups.
If you're driven to take wireless technologies to the next level, it's time you join the team at RIM. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. Employees also have use of our award winning BlackBerry!
To view the complete job posting, click here