2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 8:57 AM by Silvia.Rossi

Supply Chain Strategy in the Board Room - Findings!

Silvia.Rossi Novice

Boardroom survey reveals ingredients to supply chain  strategy success

New research from Cranfield School of Management and  Solving Efeso has revealed the key ingredients to developing and  implementing supply chain strategies successfully. The survey of over  180 senior global supply chain professional.

Downloada the free final report linking on

(click on the left hand column to dowload the final report)

• Re: Supply Chain Strategy in the Board Room - Findings!

Thanks for sharing this, Sylvia.

I checked out some of the report findings here and found this to be a valuable piece of information:

Alan Waller, Cranfield visiting professor and vice president of supply chain innovation at Solving Efeso said: “Only two percent of respondents confirmed that their supply chain strategy implementation ran smoothly and on-time and on-budget. The three main causes of implementation failure were: company culture, lack of leadership and poor supply chain visibility. Barriers to strategic success were predominantly people-related, rather than due to technical barriers.”

• Re: Supply Chain Strategy in the Board Room - Findings!
              Silvia.Rossi Novice

Dear Lauren,

thanks for your contribution.

I am curious to know if people in this community experienced something different from our findings or if there is something missing in their opinion.

At the end of the report there 10 cameos, summarising what happens in 10 world leading companies.

Some have very good practices leading to significant cost reduction, or higher visibility and higher committment from the other functions or the Board Room. Can people recognise their practices in these cameos?

People, I would like to hear your comments, there is still so much to learn about SC  strategy development and implementation!