The current air traffic restrictions in Europe has had a huge impact on air freight, first and foremost a huge backlog of freight at airports in Europe and at airports with cargo flights destined to Europe?
Once this backlog is cleared, what do you think will be the long-term effects?
- will we see a decline in air freight, because it is deemed unreliable, and thus
- will we see an increase in other cargo transportation modes (sea, rail, road)?
- will we see air cargo businesses go bankrupt?
- will we see a movement away from global sourcing and towards local sourcing
- will we see higher charges for air cargo (as business are trying to catch up on lost revenue)?