At Ford Motor Company, we are taking our Material Planning & Logistics Supervisors to the next level. These talented employees have the title of "Process Coach - MP&L" and are the drivers of standardization and continuous improvement in the Ford Production System. Material Planning & Logistics teams work to provide a synchronous flow of materials to customers at an affordable cost.
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Monitor and on occurrences. Be the first responder as secondary support
- Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to the lowest level
- Communication and recognition
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability
- Create a conductive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities/tasks
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents
- Responsible for the daily material handling functions for the facility and for the department
- Ensure proper material flow from receiving dock, to warehouse storage location, to the production line feed location, to the delivery of finished products to customers
- Provide direction and support in the allocation of resources in order to appropriately cover material handling responsibilities
- Support Ford Production System and synchronous material flow through lean manufacturing practices
- Lead and manage unionized hourly personnel
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years' material handling or logistics experience
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Operations, Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, Applied Engineering Sciences, Packaging Engineering, or Business Management
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Safety and MP&L experience preferred
- Knowledge of constraint management principles
- Microsoft Office Knowledge (Word/Excel/Outlook) experience
- Capable of assigning work to unionized hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms of safety, quality, and throughput
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Successful candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership in One FORD (leadership) behaviors combined with outstanding interpersonal, team building, and communication skills
The distance between imagination and... Creation. It can be measured in years of innovation or in moments of brilliance. And it can be a road you start traveling right now. When you join Ford Motor Company your journey begins. You become part of a team that is already leading the way with ingenious solutions and attainable products - and it is always ready to go further.
At Ford Motor Company the distance between you and an amazing career has never been shorter. Join the Ford team today and discover the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you'd expect from a diverse global leader.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For more information, click here.