The Business Entity
Cisco recognizes that a secure and resilient supply chain is an essential element of customer trust. This role leads a global team responsible for driving the continuous improvement of our world class security and risk management programs. In this highly influential role you will set the strategic vision for our comprehensive supply security program including policy, implementation and assessment. This role will also drive a next generation approach to comprehensive business continuity to protect both revenue and reputation.
As an operationally focused leader you will closely partner with corporate functions including Risk Management, IT and the Security and Trust Organization on strategy design and to ensure the manufacturing supply chain is well integrated with broader pervasive security and resiliency strategies.
The role serves as a senior member of the Supply Chain Value Protection Team (SCVP) and is entrusted with protecting and ensuring Supply Chain Operations is a role model for responsible business.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leads Cisco's Supply Chain risk management strategy and promotes a value proposition for proactively investing in resiliency.
- Drives efforts to mitigate potential risk and disruption from a broad range of external forces e.g. weather, geo-political, labor actions.
- Formulates a leading end to end resiliency methodology that identifies and drives remediation of vulnerabilities in operating systems and procedures.
- Ensures the smooth operation of 24/7 incident monitoring and crisis response management for SCO. Acts as liaison with executives.
- Represents function externally as a subject matter expert to customers and in industry engagements for best practice sharing.
- Leads the development geopolitical pervasive security strategy in supply chain including the adopting and alignment of corporate requirements broadly including physical, logical and cyber aspects.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Supply Chain Operations organization on matters of security requirements, practices and procedures.
- Oversees the phased implementation of the master security specification for manufacturing partners and suppliers lead by the applicable manufacturing function, specifically;
- Directs the incident management protocol to ensure effective need to know communication and resolution that is sufficiency documented for the purposes of improving future risk mitigation.
- Ensures the inclusion of security into scorecards for all members of the manufacturing supply chain to whom the Supply Chain Security Master Specification is applicable.
- Drives a culture of security as a fundamental responsibility for all SCO personnel.
- Advances the maturity of security and risk management as supply chain service offerings using metrics that communicate cause/effect and lead to actionable progress.
- Understanding of Cisco products
- Experience with Cisco Manufacturing Supply Chain IT systems, practices, and suppliers
- Strong understanding of Cisco product, Supply Chain Operations processes and manufacturing ecosystem
- Ability to influence cross functionally and advise executive decision makers
- Skills to simplify the complex and tailor information to the needs of a particular audience and their purpose
- Experience leading and developing a global team
- Self-starter, proven ability to work independently on multiple projects and priorities at once, executes complex projects and activities on time and within budget
- Ability to think quickly, respond to changing demands, anticipate future problems, and proactively recommend preventative course of action
- Ability to collaboratively and partner contributing both strategic and tactical insight
- Excellent project management, quantitative skills, data management and metrics design
- Ability to generate and present strategy presentations, service outcomes and metrics
- Prior experience with the following:
- Supply chain business continuity planning
- Component risk ranking and mitigation methods
- Incident management practices including drills and crisis management central coordination
- Cyber and physical security practices in the manufacturing and logistics environment
- Audit management (policy and control assessment, corrective action closure, metrics and reporting)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' business worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career as exponential possibilities at Cisco.
For more information, click here.