The Sr. Supply Chain Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling the demand planning activities required to meet customer needs, marketing requirements, and meet service level objectives. In addition, he/she will support, monitor, and maintain finished goods inventory levels and system integrity. He/She will possess the skills and aptitude required to plan a decision making skills and will have the ability to work autonomously.
- Demand Planning/Scheduling: Review statistically generated forecasts with GSCM and Marketing. Revise as necessary; Review replenishment targets and approve changes noting input elements resulting in change; Work with Marketing/customers to identify all known demand sources (scheduling agreements, distributor shipment, consignment, etc.)
- New Product Launch Management: Participate in the launch of new products as PDP Core Team Member; Develop forecasts, cannibalization plans, introduction schedules
- Inventory Management: Assist GSCM/Director with development of inventory plans; Establish inventory targets; Monitor inventory performance to plan and targets; Assist GSCM with management of expired, excess and obsolescence reserves; Allocate inventory to regions in short supply situations
- Supply Chain Execution: Support daily/weekly/monthly planning processes - Maintain forecasts (Marketing Handshake); Manage net requirements; Monitor manufacturing execution (Manufacturing Handshake); Provide inventory analysis; proactively manage backorders
- Drive S&OP Process
- Achieve Core 5 Performance Metrics: Service Level; Backorder; Inventory; Forecast Accuracy; Schedule Adherence
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Four year degree and work experience in related field
- 5+ years' experience in materials management, manufacturing planning or inventory control function
- Working experience with DRP, MPS, MRP, SAP or ERP System
- Extremely strong PC skills utilizing such software programs as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization both domestically and internationally
- Self-motivated independent worker and self-starter
- Consistently performs to a high level of accuracy in all tasks
- Highly adaptable, flexible and willing to accept new ideas, processes, and procedures
- Strong analytical problem solving sills and able to make efficient decisions
- APICS certification
- Continuous education in a related field
- Lean Manufacturing experience
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.