Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Basic Job Functions
- Manage a world-class Global Supply Chain Fulfillment team for our Module Plus and Full EPC sales channels.
- Lead and manage the following global supply chain functions: Order Management, Direct and Indirect Materials Purchasing, Purchasing and Material Planning for Balance of Systems, Logistics, Shipping and Receiving, Inventory Control and Management, Warehouse Operations, Management Operating System and Standard Processes & Master Data.
- Lead and manage the global demand for both modules and BOS material
- Lead and manage the bid process for all of supply chain and all pre-contract reviews and all order management from contract signature to delivery.
- Lead and drive coordination and communication with other global fulfillment teams
- Managing global replenishment teams demonstrating execution resulting in no adverse impact to company growth or revenue plans.
- Experience in Sales Operaions and Planning processes, with a focus on demand planning and coordination with business development.
- Proven track record in building a motivated fulfillment, quality, and operations organization exceeding business metric commitments for cost reduction, supply risk and supplier performance.
- Proven experience in leading people, in systems and processes foundation/infrastructure improvements
- Supply Chain management expertise and exposure to world-class supply chain management practices.
- Experience with strategic partnering and strategic alliances – ability to construct, negotiate and execute major supply contractual agreements.
- Experience in leading and/or working with diverse teams in US, Europe, and Asia
- Experience with a rapid growth business and scaling a regional organization.
- BS in Engineering, Business Management or Supply Chain or related fields (must have demonstrated technical expertise)
- MBA highly desirable
- Operational improvement experience and training in practice such as Six Sigma and Lean necessary. Certifications strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to build collaboratitve strategic alliances
- Demonstrated general management and world-class supply chain management skills including risk management
- Demonstrated capability to build and grow a strategic procurement organization
- Demonstrated results in high volume, cost-sensitive supply chains to enable rapid growth while delivering cost productivity (savings)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good balance of strategic thinking and operational execution
- Quick learner and ability to grow and scale with the business
- Ability to build and lead global teams
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to build and lead joint technology/commodity councils
- Knowledge of continuous improvement, quality management and supply base management processes
- Creative problem solving and ability to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to team with a technical leadership team to co-develop supply base and commodity strategies
- Ability to use critical thinking in analyzing and resolving problems.
- ERP systems knowledge and expertise
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Drive continuous improvement culture within the fulfillment team, utilizing LEAN principles, including deployment of visual management, standard work and 5S programs
- Ensure efficiency of tiered accountability and escalation process to leadership of any systemic issues / concerns of delivery, pricing or scheduling
- Responsible for coaching and development of associates within and across the Global Supply Chain team
- Working cross-functionally, construct Global Supply Chain Fulfillment strategies aligned with Global Supply Chain Strategy Deployment to enable First Solar growth.
- Lead Global Supply Chain Fulfillment teams such as Purchasing, Shipping, and Warehouse Operations and all necessary organization structural changes necessary to meet changing market needs (ie consolidations and expansions that deliver superior customer fulfillment experience).
- Develop and manage a fulfillment team that meets the cost, quality, risk and supply continuity requirements to meet production requirements of critical BoM and MRO items while meeting inventory targets of First Solar’s supply chain.
- Exceed direct materials, spares and indirect purchasing metric targets for cost reduction, supply risk mitigation, inventory optimization, and supplier performance improvement.
- Lead team to define/develop work processes / procedures to meet SOx, USFTA and ISO requirements.
- Develop and lead teams to be responsible for warehouse, logistics, and inventory control including inbound/outbound freight, material storage / delivery, and production control activities.
- Utilize experience and expertise to create and lead global supply chain foundation / infrastructure process improvement enhancements.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate to all levels of organization ensuring consensus and clarity of action plans.
For more information, click here.