Position summary for this Transportation Analyst:
Collects, creates and analyzes transportation, carrier and freight spend to enable effective transportation network solutions for the region and Honeywell businesses with a focus on Latin America and Mexico. Accountable for assisting business units continuous improvement efforts. Implements solutions or supports initiatives related to freight and transportation expenditures that will identify accurate coding of transportation costs. Manages and audits freight payment providers servicing units and resolving billing discrepancies, exceptions and performance.
Area of responsibility - transportation payment and audit:
Analyzes and monitors freight payment processes, providers and reporting methodology. Responds to transportation carriers inquiries relative to payment process, invoice discrepancies and exceptions. Provides summary transportation spend data to units, regions and functions utilizing tools such as FVR, carrier and financial reports. Coordinates with Finance and controllers on transportation accrual and payment process.
Area of responsibility - reporting:
Creates reports, analytical tools and summary data relative to transportation activities by mode, carrier and business units supporting the various regional transportation managers in particular those with responsibility for Mexico and Latin America. Coordinates with transportation providers on activity, volume and business/regional data. Provides support and data for total landed cost modeling, transitions, network modeling and financial workbooks to estimate transportation cost impact. Provides ad-hoc and standard reporting methodology on transportation activities and expenditures to leadership and Finance.
Internal communication requirements:
Provides detail or clarity on standard reports. Addresses additional reporting needs or transportation expenditure explanation. Submits summary and detail by business/provider on freight payment expenditures. Addresses transportation G/L coding, accrual processes with Finance. Participates on as needed basis on financial or audit reviews requested by Finance. Trains sites on transportation analytic tools (routing guides, carrier allocations and financials). Supports transportation managers in productivity and service improvement initiatives.
External communication requirements:
Clarification and functional expertise for payment status. Resolution or investigation on billing or expenditures - ensure compliance with freight payment, FVR processes. Issues instructions on proper transportation formats for billing and reporting. Supports transportation freight payment provider or reporting transitions to other providers or systems.
- Four year degree with a preference in Accounting, Statistics, Finance or Supply Chain concentration.
- Three year relevant transportation or transportation analytical experience.
- Candidates must be able to read, write and speak English and Spanish or Portugeseuong preference.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, statistics and interpretation of financial and transactional data.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self starter and ability to create data or tools based on customer requirements.
- Working knowledge of international freight modes, requirements and processes.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
For more information, please click here.