The Dow Chemical Company's Supply Chain Rotation Program has exciting and challenging full-time opportunities available for individuals who are graduating in late 2015 or in Spring/Summer 2016 with a Bachelor's or Master's in Logistics/Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (Operational/Industrial, Applied, Mechanical, and Chemical), or Business Administration graduates with a related concentration who are interested in developing their career within a large global company's Supply Chain function.
The candidate will be hired as a Supply Chain Analyst into the Rotation Program, where they will experience two distinct one-year rotation assignments that provide the ability to explore the various aspects of Supply Chain, emerging with a well-rounded perspective of Dow, Business Services and the Supply Chain function.
Dow's Corporate Headquarters in Midland, MI is home-base for the Rotation Program, with one-year assignment opportunities possible at our other major sites in Freeport and Houston, TX, Indianapolis, IN, and Collegeville, PA.
Supply Chain at Dow assures supply and delivers results to Dow's customers and our own operations. Our objective is to be flexible and reliable with the solutions we provide our customers, suppliers, and Dow businesses to ensure the synchronous flow of materials and information through our manufacturing plants to our customers. This ultimately leads us to safe, uninterrupted service and supply across the globe.
The Supply Chain function is an excellent way to broaden your experience, skills, network of colleagues, and knowledge of Dow by having opportunities during the early stages of your career. Working within Supply Chain function provides the ability to understand how these service lines and functions interact and support each other within Dow, which results in a well-rounded perspective of Dow and its Supply Chain function.
Examples of rotation assignment roles include:
- Design & Modify: Identify and implement, through project work, supply chain improvements to a single business, multiple businesses or an envelope. Activities may be regional or global.
- Outplant Operations: Directing and administrating operations at contract warehouses, rail/truck transloading and bulk liquid terminal locations to ensure safe and efficient handling and storage of Dow product as it moves through the supply chain.
- Import/Export: Implementation and management of key elements of the International Logistic work processes; managing import/export activities out of North America for a business.
- Improvement: Lead supply chain improvement programs for a business - data mining & analysis, project identification, project leadership, new technology implementation.
- Logistics: Help assess logistics needs and capabilities of various modals (road, truck, rain, marine) to ensure delivery requirements are met. Identify barriers and deliver alternative solutions and strategies.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assess and/or model material and information flows across the supply chain at tactical and/or strategic levels.
- Identify and evaluate related trade-offs involving inventory levels, conversion costs, logistics costs, asset utilization, productivity and customer service.
- Help to design, optimize and leverage supply chain infrastructure.
- Work with a Supply Chain Design Leader to help facilitate strategy development and direction related to technology implementation, capital investment, postponement, sourcing, and exploiting the supply chain to create competitive advantage.
- Help to identify supply chain related (systems, work processes, tools, hardware) Most Effective Technology (MET) and best practices.
- Work with a Supply Chain Design Leader to help lead, manage and integrate complex cross-functional, inter-business, multi-area projects and relationships, and achieve desired results.
- Help to develop innovative solutions, approaches, methodologies and service offerings that address (present and future) business supply chain requirements.
Attach an updated resume and transcripts and also bring them to the interview.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; Logistics/Transportation, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (Operational/Industrial, Applied, Mechanical, and Chemical) or Business Administration with a related concentration and interested in a career within the Supply Chain function.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.700/4.000, but seeking cumulative GPA of 3.000 and higher.
- A minimum requirement for the US-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis. Applicants who do not indicate that they have the necessary permanent work authorization will not be considered for this US-based position.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about can be found at http://www.dow.com/.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
For more information, please click here.