The selected candidate's activities will include the following:
The Section Head will be expected to engage with all Program Managers, Directors and IPTLs for assigned programs to ensure that EPSD is actively represented within the Product Lines. As with all Section Heads in EPSD the successful candidate for this section will be accountable and responsible for:
Technical Role & Responsibilities:
- Direct team members in industrial and process evaluation, improvement and/or re-engineering in support logistics activities.
- Assist in the development of action plans to address key engineering focus areas.
- Team's Technical Execution of Like Discipline for the successful development and production of a product to committed cost and schedule, ensuring team interaction, the "right" job assignments and Team Program Integration.
- Accountable for professionally supporting, technically, all program milestones and positively engaging to contribute to successful reviews and customer interchanges.
- Identifying and elevating, when required, technical execution risks (includes Technical Discipline, Technical Performance, Cost and Schedule Performance) to program and functional management.
- Meeting the Team's committed schedule, cost and performance requirements.
- Enabling Speed through the use of common solutions, common hardware, modularity and Smart.
- Buyer techniques in the design/development process.
- Ensuring the team is knowledgeable of and demonstrates disciplined adherence, approved engineering, engineering data bases, engineering tools and design/development processes to ensure robust performance, Producibility and affordability.
- Utilization of measures that provide program and functional management insight into the health of the Team's technical execution.
- Understanding, identifying communicating and mitigating technical risks.
- Understanding of the RMS Property Management System as well as FAR requirements.
- Timely, honest, unbiased performance evaluation, and for conducting performance/career development discussions including plans for employee improvement.
- Mentor/coach, technically and personally, to ensure success of the employee.
- Creating a diverse team and providing an open environment conductive to each team member reaching their full potential.
- Effective communication, both with the team and, horizontally and vertically across the organization.
- Defining appropriate training opportunities to ensure technical execution and personal growth.
- Defining team manpower needs to management.
- Ensures the team understands and follows proper company media.
- Working with the EPSD Leadership team on goals, strategy and innovate solutions for customer and company initiatives.
- Recognizing and providing appropriate team and individual rewards and recognition.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Expertise in actuarial science and/or industrial engineering that would enable trade study execution supporting support architecture designs early in the product life cycle.
- Probabilities and statistics.
- Statistical modeling and decision making.
- Must have excellent leadership skills, ability to identify potential problems and take corrective action as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and experience working in teams as both a member and a leader.
- Must have creative and innovative ideas to streamline processes and use automation to reduce cycle time and the accuracy of data.
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to coordinate with various disciplines.
- Contribute to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Engineering, Supply Chain or related disciplines.
This position can be a Salary Grade A03 or A04 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirements including air-to-air strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. With over 14,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally, RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, and generated $6.6 billion revenues.
For more information, please visit here