Trinity Industries, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide products and services to the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors. Trinity reports its financial results in five principal business segments: the Rail Group, the Railcar Leasing and Management Services Group, the Inland Barge Group, the Construction Products Group and the Energy Equipment Group. Trinity's businesses provide industrial products and services ranging from railcars, barges, storage containers, and aggregates to highway products, structural wind towers, railcar parts, and railcar leasing and management services.
Trinity's vision is to be a premier, diversified industrial company that owns market-leading businesses which provide superior products and services to customers while generating high-quality earnings and returns for shareholders.
TrinityRail Freightcar is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Director, Supplier Quality in our Dallas, Texas office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
In this role, you will have:
- Knowledge and familiarity with supplier quality management and rating systems.
- Experience with AIAG quality processes, especially part approval.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to contain supplier quality problems, identify root causes and drive corrective action.
- Knowledge and experience with steel fabrication, machining, and casting processes.
- Knowledge and experience with managing third party quality services.
- Ability to work with suppliers and Trinity Operations to develop and implement packaging standards that meet industry and Trinity requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with assuring quality for suppliers that use contract manufacturing.
- Represent Production Purchasing at sample cars and 1" piece inspections are required.
- Ability to develop supplier quality engineering team.
- Development of supplier quality performance metrics and drive improvement.
- Knowledge and experience in metal fabrication and industrial manufacturing.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment across all levels of the organization is essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills and experience with all other Microsoft products.
- B.A. Engineering, Business, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-years of relevant experience in supplier quality.
- Negotiation skills and experience is a plus.
- Spanish is a plus.
For more information, please visit here.