The Sr. Planner, Supply Chain is responsible for all demand and requirements planning activities required to meet customer needs and market requirements as measured by KPI's for service level, backorder and DIOH objectives. In addition, he/she will plan, monitor and maintain finished goods inventory levels and related ERP system data integrity. He/She will possess the skills and aptitude required to plan multiple product lines and provide cross functional supply chain support as necessary. He/She will demonstrate a high level of analytical and execution skills.
- Review statistically generated forecasts with GSCM and Marketing. Revise as necessary.
- Review replenishment targets and approve changes, noting input elements resulting in change.
- Work with Global Marketing, International Demand Planning, and Country Operations group to identify all known demand sources (customer orders, scheduling agreements, distributor shipment, consignment, etc.)
- Process improvement: working across functions to improve current processes that drive increased service levels and reduced inventory.
New Product Launch Management
- Primary or backup Core Team Member for Supply Chain on New Product Development Team.
- Develop launch plans, including forecasts, inventory targets, cannibalization plans, and introduction schedules with support from supply chain team members.
- Contribute to the development of inventory plans.
- Establish Inventory targets.
- Monitor inventory performance to plan and targets.
- Management of expired, excess and obsolescence reserves.
- Allocate inventory to regions in short supply situations.
Support S&OP Process
Achieve Performance Metrics
- Service Level
- Forecast Accuracy
- Finished Goods Scrap
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
A seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and wide application of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Applies a full understanding of area of specialization to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of other related disciplines, business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. This job is the fully-qualified career-oriented position.
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgement within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a broad knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
Planning and Organization
Plans and organizes non-routine tasks with approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule and priorities. Plans and organizes project assignments and maintains project schedules.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Works under general direction regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Establishes and cultivates a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. May interact with vendors. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. May lead projects within the function or department and/or represents a specialized field in larger project teams. Influences middle management on business solutions.
Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations. May escalate issues to manager.
Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
- Four year degree in Materials Management or related field/equivalent work experience.
- Two to Three + years' experience in a manufacturing planning or inventory control function.
- Extremely strong PC skills utilizing such software programs as Excel, Access, Monarch, Word and Power Point.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated independent worker.
- Performs to a high level of accuracy in all tasks.
- Highly adaptable, flexible and willing to accept new ideas, processes, and procedures.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Working knowledge of DRP, MPS, and MRP.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please contact your local EH&S department for more information on physical requirements.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please visit here