The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M( business unit of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development, engineering, and manufacturing of a comprehensive portfolio of contractors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6000 employees to ensure we deliver quality products for our customer's harsh environment application.
As part of the AD&M team, you will be joining a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business whilst maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving to drive constant innovation and openness to change.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Planner will take ownership of a particular group of assembly lines and ensure accurate schedules through the manufacturing process. You will be responsible for ensuring on time delivery to the customer and providing world class lead times.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Plan short and long range production and inventory requirements considering such factors as forecasts, manpower, machine capacity, and material availability.
- Proactively anticipate and communicate potential shortages to appropriate plan personnel.
- Develop and execute recovery plans for anticipated shortages to eliminate/minimize impact to production and customers.
- Perform root cause analysis for finished goods shortages and implement long term corrective actions.
- Manage and take ownership of a particular group of external suppliers and ensuring on-time delivery.
- Monitor inventory accuracy and target levels for purchased and produced parts to meet production and customer needs, and ensure target inventory goals are met.
- Create and release purchase orders and supplier agreements to supplier.
- Experience using ERP systems
- Prior planning and buying experience in manufacturing environment, ideally with low volume/high product mix.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft applications.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate with customers and suppliers.
For more information, please visit here