Location: Milpitas, CA, US
Job Category: Supply Chain Operations
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
THE BUSINESS ENTITY
The Global Supplier Management organization at Cisco is a part of Supply Chain Operations. The vision of the Global Supplier Management (GSM) organization is to be a recognized leader in sourcing and supplier management to enable Cisco's sustained innovation and supply chain excellence. This requires having a close relationship with our component suppliers and strong collaboration to consistently drive innovation, productivity, and efficiency.
Individual will be part of a diverse, dynamic and impactful team. Team highly values teamwork and collaboration, working across boundaries, earning trust, and inclusivity.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Commodity Specialist: Provide key support for Global Commodity Management team through data and process management to achieve and manage a world class supply chain. Build strong collaborative relationships with suppliers to assure that accurate cost, lead time and other commercial/supply chain aspects of the RFQ is achieved. Work closely with commodity teams to manage and analyze commodity and supplier data related to cost management. This may include reports and collection of data to drive commodity decisions, strategy development and execution success. The job holder will be expected to exhibit problem-solving flair and excel at creating business relevant reporting using various data sources available.
- RFQ Management: Quote Cycle Preparation, Create, Publish and close RFQs, Close Cost holes and Re-Quotes
- Assist commodity managers with Setting splits, Distribute business Awards, NPI award to suppliers
- Enable Oracle Standard Cost loading
- Supplier Quote Upload, Data integrity, Verification, Updates and Reporting
- Manage AVL updates, Supplier Name, Mergers, Supplier Set Up and Onboarding, Update Supplier Contacts in Aravo, Maintain team website.
- Tool Testing, Cost Savings Report, Supplier Spend Usage Reports, Create/Scrub QAS & CQI Reports, and supplier onboarding
- Maintain CPN Attributes (Risk Ratings, Comments), item attribute updates
- Participates on Commodity Teams.
- Accountable for meeting targets and finishing projects; Accountable for projects from beginning to completion.
- Frequently acts independently in making decisions.
- Interface with Suppliers, Sales Rep, and Account Management.
- Seeks solutions to complex problems which require creativity. Resolves cross-functional issues.
- May assist in cross functional special projects.
- Bachelors Degree
- Relevant experience of 6-8yrs in the domain.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Electronic HW Mfg industry and program management.
- Should have worked with International Suppliers, Sending RFQ, Collecting Quotes
- Global Business Acumen, Supply Chain Knowledge, Cross Functional Influence, Presentation and Demonstration Skills
- Business & Financial Acumen, Cost Management, MIS - Spend analysis, cost savings reports
- Supply Chain Tools Knowledge- Bills of Materials, part attributes, Supplier Enrollment & set-up , AVL Maintenance & Cost loading activity
- Hands on experience in working with Oracle/ SAP/ Any ERP Database
- Preferably should have worked on Oracle E-Procurement Modules
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
For more information, please visit here