Develop and maintain manufacturing model that drives material and capacity requirements. Provide technical support for continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes and systems. Work closely with Supply Chain members, Production Manager, Supervisors and Operators, Process Engineering, Quality Assurance and Customer Service to minimize inventories while providing delivery performance. This position supervises the Shipping & Receiving group, Sr. Planner and interacts regularly with other Business Unit personnel, vendors and customers. Position located in Fombell, PA.
- Directs master planning activities for production and development parts at all 3 upstream locations including required production and inventory levels.
- Maintains correct usage of planning systems and accuracy of production model.
- Coordinates material flow through the manufacturing processes, identifying bottleneck areas and recommending solutions.
- Create part numbers in eMatrix & SAP
- Manages all internal customer service inquiries and provides lead times.
- Reviews and updates planning requirements and processes work orders to maintain established inventory levels.
- Coordinates all outside processing on work orders to meet required deadlines.
- Reviews process orders, including tracking and expediting when necessary.
- Identifies all raw materials used for production and maintains inventory levels to satisfy production; procures raw materials.
- Coordinates the reclaim process, including set-up of source lists and info records for inter-company sites, creating purchase orders for the material, tracking shipments from HEM sites and verifying quantities, and processing of the material at the Fombell site.
- Partners with Supply Chain members to ensure minimal inventory levels at Fombell, Salt Lake City and Golden while preventing stock outs.
- Reports out as part of SIOP process to Site Leadership Team and Executive SIOP sessions.
- Coordinates removal of scrap from production floor.
- Reports OTTR, IRA, SOTD & DOS for Upstream sites.
- Leads YE Inventory Count for site.
- Schedules shipping/receiving employees as necessary for shift-work, overtime, and weekends to meet customer needs.
- Acts as a back up for other Production Department Supervisors as needed.
- Develops and updates SOPS for areas of responsibility.
- Prepares performance evaluation for direct reports and reviews with Site Manager.
- Supports and participates in all Safety Process activities for this job classification.
- Support the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) by:
- Owning the continuous improvement process for area of responsibility and actively supporting other areas
- Ensuring all employees are engaged in daily improvement activities.
- Providing direction and guidance on where to focus attention and improvement efforts.
- Teaching, mentoring and coaching employees on the key lean concepts, observation methods and the continuous improvement process, including their responsibilities to actively participate in the continuous improvement process.
Physical Job Demands
- Lifting/carrying 1-15 lb.
- Involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity to operate specialized equipment.
- May need a high level of concentration in a busy area.
- Requires time spent on production operations floor to observe and understand processes.
- Monday through Friday, additional hours as required.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Evening calls as necessary.
- BS/BA degree in engineering, mathematics, applied statistics or other technical related field or business field.
- Minimum 35 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years working knowledge of computer systems and experience with defined ERP System.
For more information, visit here