Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is recruiting for a Senior Analyst Commercial Insights and Strategies - Immunology, to be located in Horsham, PA.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women's health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Analyst, Forecasting is responsible for contributing to the generation, integration and translation of insights and analytics into forecasts that enable decision making and organizational action for the immunology (GI, Dermatology, RA) portfolio.
This position will partner closely with brand teams and cross functional partners and serves as an internal consultant to the Sales & Marketing team. This position plays a role in advising and counseling business partners in the forecast and evaluation of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results.
- Participate in implementation of forecast models and tracking.
- Implement forecast modeling approaches, foster strong partnerships with key suppliers.
- Integrate forecasting efforts & insights with primary research, intelligence, & analytics insights developed by peers across the Commercial Insights and Strategy team for (relevant TA) (e.g., Brand or Franchise) and translate into business impact.
- Participate in strategic and business plans for Immunology.
- Ensure timely tracking of forecast accuracy and key assumptions across data sources - prescription, patient, call activity and managed care to evaluate risk and opportunities. In partnership with integrated analytics colleagues, identify and develop key metrics to measure and monitor performance.
- Focus on key business questions and frame business problems into analytic plans.
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Partner to integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) into forecasts and assessments of organizational strategies & actions with the potential to drive tangible growth in revenue or profit.
- Consistently focus on key business issues for the franchise and well as the portfolio.
- Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies.
- Act with speed, agility and accountability.
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight driven to uncover important unmet needs.
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture.
- BA/BS required; Advanced degree desirable. A minimum of 2 years of relevant business experience in forecasting, business analytics, strategic planning, market research, finance, management consulting.
- Strong experience with MS office suite, particularly excel is required. SAS experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of IMS data is preferred.
- Ability to multitask and and handle priorities is required.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Healthcare or Therapeutic Area experience is not required. Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus.
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence company/franchise level decisions and strategies are preferred.
Technical Skills: Business acumen, strategic thinking. Forecasting skills, analytical skills and learning agility. Demonstrated ability to integrate and leverage insights and analytics. Experience in analyzing data to identify forecast impacts.
Connect: Proven ability to build positive, constructive relationships with own team members, commercial teams and business partners in order to leverage knowledge, insights and efforts of a broad group of stakeholders. Cultivate meaningful external relationships and partnerships outside of J&J, adding value and insights for the organization; insight-driven to uncover important unmet needs.
Shape: Can effectively communicate and influence business partners, (Product Managers/Directors, Group Product Directors, etc.) in support of forecast and analysis. Demonstrates ability to persuade others to a new or different perspective through use of findings in order to shape forecast. Demonstrates ability to negotiate and resolve conflict. The ability to challenge the status quo, and led and adapted to change, creating positive change.
Lead: Track record of taking ownership for development of self. Proven ability to leverage diverse perspectives to generate effective ideas & solutions and contribute to high performing teams.
Deliver: Be empowered to act with speed, agility, and accountability. The Sr. Analyst must be able to demonstrate strategic thinking, the ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines, and provide recommendations that will assist in the development of commercial strategies.
Strategic Impact: Individual recognized as making significant, tangible (i.e. tied to revenue, impact, share, etc.) impact on the business, as measured by Franchise Leadership Team.
Business Partner Feedback from franchise sales and marketing teams and senior leadership.
Demonstrated examples of Work Model/efficiency improvements.
This position is located in Horsham, PA and may require up to 5% domestic travel.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
More information here