Global Sourcing within the MSC Device Engineering Division is looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager for Optics. The candidate will play a key role in driving Device sourcing strategies, a multi-billion dollar business unit of Microsoft. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing an overall supplier management plan with particular focus on supporting the verticalization of critical component suppliers, as well as leading the internal operation governance model. This person will be instrumental in defining operational measures of success for cost, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, and sustainability.
This candidate will work closely with leaders across the Device R&D and MSC organizations to source and execute partnerships in support of Device's hardware roadmap.
A successful Microsoft Strategic Sourcing Manager will have delivered:
- Development and execution of MARKET LEADING SOURCING STRATEGY in Optics via full market knowledge, supplier rationalization, predictable and industry leading "commodity" pricing plan, TCO cost modeling through transparent supplier relationship, and 6-sigma principles to drive efficiency and cost.
- SECURED COMPONENTS AND/OR SERVICES in Optics that provided competitive advantage in both technology and cost for Microsoft.
- MOST AGGRESSIVE AND CLOSEST-TO-THE-PIN COSTING AND PROJECTIONS. Ability to standup to the most aggressive alternatives, doubts and scrutiny.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT to continuous improve efficiency and performances via repeatable processes, people growth, and elimination of work duplication. You will own the responsibility to develop an overall sourcing strategy for the respective component categories.
Functional Expectations and Requirements:
- Expertise in market analysis, sourcing plan to dissect market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc. to formulate sourcing strategies.
- Global category management expertise, focused on Optical components including precision plastic injection molding, refractive lens element assembly, camera module integration, COB sensors and illumination technologies, etc.
- Must be a BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL with strong ENGINEERING expertise.
- Expertise in Financial Statement Analysis to derive SHOULD-COST-MODELS and cost competitiveness/financial strengths of suppliers before RFx is conducted.
- Bottom's up process costing utilizing Activity Based Costing and other methodologies to build should-cost models.
- Professional experiences in "owned" factory operations and COST ACCOUNTING. Make vs. Buy experience is a plus.
- Superior Project/Timeline (Consumer Electronics Integrated Project Management) adherence experiences.
- Expertise in supply chain operation's flexibility/capacity to articulate appropriate contractual T&C's and costs.
- Contract and price negotiations excellence.
- Deliver best in class TCO (Total-Cost-Ownership), COS (Continuity-Of-Supply), and BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS.
- MBA with Engineering degrees is desirable.
- Quick learner of Microsoft systems and processes.
- Agile and Adaptable.
- Focused subject matter experience in the OPTICS INDUSTRY. At least five(5) years experience in a OPTICS related function - technical or business. A broad knowledge of the OPTICS industry is required, experience in material science technology is a plus.
- High ambition to grow with Microsoft and MSCIS.
- HIGH ENERGY/IMPACT individual and demonstrated ability to succeed in a high demand and ultra-high stress environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through ambiguities/difficult obstacles through facts, evaluation of alternatives, open-mindedness, thought-through strategy, and superior communications to LEAD cross-functional organizations through sourcing activities.
- Ability to both QUANTIFY and QUALIFY situations.
- Relentless drive to OVERACHIEVE and NO-EXCUSES professional. Making the most of what is provided.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support ideology with facts. Ability to articulate points of view with executive management but execute plans when directed. A team player who can roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- Highly intelligent to triangulate opinions to formulate actions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
More details here