Material Planning and Scheduling Manager-14000540
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right
Material Planning & Scheduling Manager
- Accountable for sustaining/enhancing the CTP FPC & SBP process. Accountable for Inventory & Freight Optimization, including support for the IQR tool & SMI deployment.
- The role covers Planning, Scheduling, is customer facing and supplier facing as well.
- Responsible for managing direct and indirect (dotted line), Exempt & Non-Exempt employees; this generating work plans, KPI scorecards and development plans.
- Responsible for managing and reducing managed expense for the Planning & Scheduling department.
- Responsible for supporting continuous improvement through utilization of process documentation, visual control plans, 6 Sigma tools, 5-Why trouble shooting methods, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- Master's Degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading efforts within Supply Chain functions including materials, production, inventory, logistics, demand management and order fulfillment is required.
- Cross functional project management leadership experience is required.
- Must process materials subject matter expertize for Project Endeavor, Project Power, High Performance Work Teams.
- Six Sigma green belt certification is highly preferred.
- Analytical Reasoning - Has an advanced understanding of analytical methodologies and the ability to utilize various statistical methodologies. Provides recommendations for business actions based on the conclusions drawn from analysis in a way that is meaningful to the business partner.
- Project Management - Capable of effectively managing complex projects with little to no guidance.
- Supply Chain Knowledge - Completely understands the role of each function in the Supply Chain and how their Key Performance Indicators support the needs of end customers. Has been a leader in a number of Supply Chain functions and led cross-functional teams to drive improvements in the Supply Chain.
- Fosters Open Communication - Demonstrated ability to improve and expand the application of fostering open communication at Cummins. Establishes creative ways to obtain input from others. Shows outstanding active listening skills that draw out difficult or contentious information. Chooses the appropriate communication vehicle for the situation. Articulates a measurable communication strategy within group organizations. Creates opportunity for employees at all levels to have and talk about business and organizational changes, problems and opportunities as they arise. Is recognized as a highly effective two-way communicator who creates the right environment for open communication.
- Analyze Issues - Demonstrated results indicating knowledge of analyzing issues. Critically identifies an issue's scope and parameters while analyzing it from multiple perspectives. Determines the root causes as well as broad implications of issues. Integrates information and defines an array of alternatives. Applies a wide variety of analytical tools and processes (e.g. Six Sigma) on a regular basis to complete key projects and solve complex problems.
- Establishes Plans - Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of establishing plans. Uses structured tools, processes and systems to plan initiatives and document work clearly. ensures objectives for projects or initiatives are clearly linked to corresponding activities for effective execution. Solicits customer feedback to incorporate into planning process. Demonstrates the ability to plan initiatives across multiple teams/organizations, ensuring goals are consistent and aligned. Identifies critical constraints to executing plans and develops strategies to deal with the constraints. Prepares highly complex estimates of budget, staff and other resources.
- Manage Execution - Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing execution Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Applies a broad range of planning and monitoring tools Defines planning and review practices that result in few misses milestones and minimal surprises. effectively delegates to ensure completion of complex projects and work. Monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met. Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring.
- Coach and Develop - Solid understanding of coaching and development skills and tools. Coaches and develops direct reports and or project team members on basic performance issues and development needs. Dedicates appropriate time when coaching and developing others. Utilizes structured approach and appropriate tools when coaching and developing others. Provides relevant assignments to direct reports that address individual development needs.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between location and include options such as 401(k) Retirement saving Plan, cash balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by the law.
Supply Chain Management
United States - South Carolina - North Charleston - US - SC, Ladson, Holset Palmetto Plant
Experiences - Professional/Office
Jan 2, 2015
For more details, please click here