Line of service: Advisory
Industry: Healthcare services
State & City: PA - Philadelphia , NY - New York, NJ - Florham Park, MA - Boston, IL - Chicago, CA - San Jose, CA - San Francisco, CA - San Diego, CA - Los Angeles , CA - Irvine
Travel Requirements: 61-80%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 56121BR-2
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) helps clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the advantage of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 180,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world's second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professional with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world's largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
Healthcare is transforming industry due to legislative and regulatory demands, technology challenges, and social trends. Our growing health industries advisory practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help healthcare institutions around the world to anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. our practitioners are supported by a dedicated health research unit, which is managed by a physician partner and provides our clients with cutting-edge intelligence, perspective, and analysis on issues transforming the health industry. Our professionals have deep health industry expertise and include physicians, nurses, system specialists, health policy analysts, actuaries, financial advisers, and data analysts. The healthcare advisory practice is aligned across: Healthcare Provider, Healthcare Payers, and Pharmaceutical and Life Science.
Our Operations consultants help clients realize competitive advantage from operations. This high performing team translates business strategy into operations strategy and transforms operations to drive both growth and profitability. Specific areas of focus include global footprint and network design, product innovation and development, sales and operations planning, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations, logistics, and capital programs.
The Supply Chain team provides consulting services along the entire span of the supply chain, advising companies in some of the following areas:
- Operations and supply chain strategy
- Operations due diligence and post-acquisition value capture
- Manufacturing network optimization
- Distribution & logistics network optimization
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and inventory management
- Strategic sourcing and procurement
- Manufacturing scale-up and commercial readiness
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 3 years
Minimum Degree Required: The following completed and obtained degrees are required:
- Master's degrees in Business Administration, Public Health, or Health Administration; and.
- Undergraduate degree in at least one or more of the following majors or academic concentrations: Business, Healthcare Management or Industrial Engineering.
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and success, as both an individual contributor and team member, with identifying and addressing client needs involving supply chain and /or manufacturing-related operations within the Healthcare Industry, including the following areas:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services; and,
- Managing workstreams within client engagements, including preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success in roles driving the supply chain process in three or more of the following skill sets, as well as a specialty in pharmacy supply chain or preoperative supply chain:
- Distribution and logistics,
- Process review, redesign and implementation,
- Productivity and efficiency,
- Clinical resource management and/or value analysis,
- Distribution or distributor assessment, recommendation and optimization,
- In-sourcing and/or outsourcing assessment,
- Purchase services review and assessment,
- Contracting non-labor cost reduction,
- Inventory and par management,
- Account payable invoice discrepancy management,
- Supply chain IT,
- Technology assessment and optimization,
- GPO assessment, selection and optimization,
- Capital asset management, and,
- Analysis and communication.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and/or success in roles as a team member, including the following areas:
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff;
- Developing and sustaining client relationships using networking, negotiation and persuasion skills to help to identify and sell potential new service opportunities;
- Preparing and presenting written and verbal materials including RFPs; and,
- Assisting with defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing, and collection.