Manager, Process Steward, Global S&OP (Job Number: 1403476)
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Process Steward, Global Sales & Operations Planning will develope, sustain and improve the Global S&OP process.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to align BMS internal capabilities with agreed upon S&OP methods.
- Educate and train Business Process Owner's (BPO's ) and functional users of S&OP at a Manager, Associate Director, Director, Executive Director and VP level in Commercial (sales & marketing), GSC (Global Supply Chain) and GMS (Global Manufacturing & Supply).
- Validate, enhance and build S&OP reports with stakeholders and functional users, through the use of Kinaxis and other related software.
- Develop and maintain the process models and the development of Standard Operating Procedures as standards for Improve & Govern establishing specific content with BPO's.
- Cooperating with stakeholders to lead successive levels of Global S&OP maturity to the level of Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
- Identify process gaps, misalignment, and improvement via Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), feedback, maturity models and build the case for change.
- Maintain databases and other tools in support of the process.
- Execute change and improve projects for S&OP.
- Integration with other processes and functions: Demand and Supply Process Engineers to align on develop, sustain and improve activity; Work with product, demand, supply processes and teams to integrate and synchronize timing, information, plans and scenarios across the supply network, markets and geography; Work with IT, PE’s, BPO's and users to develop workbench, dashboard, and reporting Scale and scope of the role Global, full BMS portfolio of brands, assets and CMO’s.
Typical monthly and weekly activities:
- Monthly - Develop, gain buy in for and implement projects and tactics and improve elements of S&OP. Determine methods for assessing the process capability and performance for developing continuous improvementgoals, projects and development programs. As needed - Support process coordinators for continuous reconciliation – development resource for functional users and mentoring people in operating roles.
- Weekly – execute project plans, educate and train stakeholders, plan weekly activates. Maintain visible information to stakeholders, supervisor, colleagues and customers. Track issues and analyze for trends for sustaining performance or improvement and resource requirements. Work with process leaders at a global, market, brand and functional level to develop capabilities and align process behaviors – collaborate with other initiatives and functional areas.
- Bachelor degree in a Business, Supply Chain or Engineering field.
- 5 years in increasingly more responsible cross functional roles related to supply chain, product management, demand management (commercial) and finance.
- S&OP experience at a major review level
- Project Management
- Understanding of planning processes for product, supply chain, and/or demand
- Supervisory experience
- APICS & IBF Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet drivers and outcomes
- Oliver Wight education in the overall IBP process and demand management
- Process management BPM preferably SCOR or VCG with APQC models
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Vet/Disability
Supply Chain & Logistics
GMS - CNJ - Supply Chain