Facilities Procurement Analyst
Metlife, New Caledonia
MetLife is seeking a Vendor Relations Consultant II to join our growing team in Raleigh, NC. Our teams are building and enhancing a global procurement organization in support of MetLife's worldwide businesses.
The Global Procurement organization is focused on creating a set of best-in-class capabilities that will drive sourcing and procurement solutions in support of MetLife's operations. The Vendor Relations Consultant II will be creating and implementing global processes for category management, sourcing, contracts and vendor management for assigned Facilities and Office Services categories.
MetLife provides an environment where you're empowered to be your best. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for your performance.
We desire to strengthen our team with an individual who is motivated, committed, reliable and is driven for success. MetLife offers an environment where individuals can apply their talents creatively to drive best-in-class, customer-focused solutions while helping to build a world-class procurement organization.
- Assists the team in developing the category's sourcing and negotiation strategies in support of our internal clients or enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Provides research/guidance on procurement strategies, vendor selection and market trends.
- Reviews/analyzes past and current spend levels, identifies industry trends and manages contract expirations.
- Supports the team's analytical and reporting requirements.
- Assists in the development of Requests for Information / Requests for Proposals and response scoring evaluation.
Category Management - Supplier/Client Relationship Management - Financial Analysis - Compliance & Regulatory - Change Management
- Assist in the development of category strategies and tactical implementation.
- Identify on-going sourcing opportunities.
- Facilitate supplier contract compliance and regulatory needs
- Collaboratively work with internal clients to develop work scope, supplier participant lists and schedules for sourcing events.
- Assist in the creation of value-based Requests for Information / Requests for Proposals.
- Use Ariba On-Demand (on-line sourcing system) for: establishing and managing projects as well as creating and managing formal Requests for Information / Requests for Proposal.
- Coordinate vendor interface for MetLife before, during, and after competitive bidding.
- Coordinate proposals evaluation and selection of vendors.
- Support contract review for inclusion of: appropriate scope, service level requirements, supplier requirements, performance measures, etc.
- Provide market research surrounding key suppliers or in support of sourcing activities.
- Provide analytical support for: category-spend, supplier management, sourcing event management, supplier diversity and compliance.
- Provide first-level support to the team's internal clients.
- Provide contract management support to the team.
- Ensure compliance with MetLife/MetLife Procurement's policies and procedures.
Job Requirementscan include: sourcing, procurement, real estate/facilities or operational finance.Required Skills:
- 5+ years of experience that can include:sourcing, procurement, real estate/facilities or operational finance.
- 2+ years of experience and working knowledge of contract structure and key terms.
- 2+ years of analytical, reporting and research skills
- 2+ years of experience in project management and cross-functional team participation.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Real Estate, Supply Chain, Technical or any other related field of expertise.
- 2+ years negotiating and influencing skills.
- 2+ years of experience ensuring due-diligence/compliance on sourcing events.
- 2+ years of experience in the use of e-Sourcing tools/systems (Ariba ).
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Available for travelapproximately 10%.
- Six Sigma exposure; strong process mindset.
- Excellent cross-functional interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills.
- Spanish or Japanese language capabilities.
- Solid communication skills - Verbal and written.
- Strong customer service mindset with ability to enhance internal/external customer relationships.
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Global Technology & Operations