Software Application Developer
RapidResponse is a world-class unique technology, providing lightning fast calculations and powerful collaboration capabilities via its 1TB memory based database, always-on analytics, simulation tools, and rich UI.
Our team needs a professional software developer to help us build cutting edge applications. If you pride yourself in pushing the bar on what’s possible, this might be the right opportunity for you. We are building a platform for our customers to create richly interactive business applications.
In this role you will apply your exceptional skills to design and develop features that allow people to interactively visualize and explore important information. In addition, you’ll work on making these interactive applications run on any device (desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone). We’re also building capabilities to allow people to collaborate on complex problems at any time and from any location.
- Innovate! Conduct research, contribute ideas and prototype new designs
- Develop stunning user interface code, great features and deliver high quality code
- Work closely and collaboratively with the team on a daily basis
- Unit test modules and work with the test team to automate feature testing
- Apply the Agile/Scrum development methodology to produce high quality software
- Become an expert on the latest user interface technologies
- Above all, a passion for an awesome user experience!
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or similar
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Strong user interface design, layout and implementation skills
- Java and/or C#
- Solid knowledge of object oriented programming
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- HTTP, SOAP, AJAX and REST web services
- Knowledge of HTML5 (especially Canvas) & CSS3
- Automated test frameworks (e.g. NUnit, VSTest, JUnit, jsUnit)
- Experience with Mobile or Web application development
Kinaxis is a leading edge software company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our RapidResponse on demand software enables manufacturers and brand owners to drive supply chain management (SCM) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) from a single system. Some of our preeminent customers include Cisco, Sikorsky, Qualcomm, and Alcatel-Lucent to name just a few. For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
If you are looking to make a difference, enjoy challenging work, and want to contribute to next-generation features of world class technology, then Kinaxisis the place for you! With the stability of an established company, combined with the passion and innovation of a start-up, Kinaxis is a GREAT place to work. Our success and growth means we are expanding.