Systems/Network Infrastructure Specialist
As a member of our Information Systems team, you will be supporting the server infrastructure with specific emphasis on building and delivering systems to the business and diagnosing issues impacting applications. The successful candidate should have the ability to research, design and implement hardware and software solutions. You will also maintain the day to day operations and assuring the reliability and availability of all the infrastructure components. The position requires participation in occasional on-call shifts.
• Installs and configures new servers in virtual server infrastructure.
• Support the operations of IT infrastructure under strict change control and documentation processes.
• Follow standard operating procedures while maintaining validated servers.
• Provide IT Infrastructure support via telephone, e-mail, and other tools.
• Provide timely status updates to IT Management
• Support infrastructure delivery activities
• Resolve complex technical issues
• Foster an environment that strives for high availability of infrastructure required to support business systems.
• Conduct analysis and planning of systems infrastructure to address the capacity needs of the business.
• Handle all IT infrastructure outages with proper and timely communications
• Follow proper Incident and Problem Management procedures
• Participate in the IT Emergency Response team.
• BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience managing medium infrastructure environments
• Active Directory experience is a must.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience using various monitoring tools to proactively monitor all aspects on the IT infrastructure.
• Must have experience in operating Corporate Backup solutions and server consolidation.
• Operational experience of High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments, such as load balancing, clusters, data replication, etc.
• Experience in a Storage Area Networks environment with data replication
• Experience in managing company integration activities, mainly around datacenter consolidations, Active Directory and Email integrations.
• Strong technical leadership skills; proven team building capabilities.
• Experience with Windows 2008 R2
• 3 – 5yrs Cisco Network experience with Switches, routers and firewalls. CCNA certification would be considered an asset.
• Familiarity with databases and web programming languages would be considered a definite asset
• Candidate must have strong knowledge of Virtualization: VMWare, XenServer
• Demonstrated ability in staying abreast of technical developments in the industry and aligning them with strategic company objectives.
• Must have proven ability to realign priorities rapidly to meet changing business requirements.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills