QA Specialist - Analytics
Location: Ottawa, Canada
As a member of our Analytics team, you will focus your skills and experience on designing, developing, performing and documenting complex test procedures for the analytics engine of our RapidResponse™ product.
The analytics team is a dynamic environment where you will succeed through quick learning and ability to undertake a variety of simultaneous tasks. Your passion for quality and detail will enable you to consistently deliver thorough results within a framework of tight deadlines and changing priorities. Your analytical skills will be highly utilized to uncover the root causes of issues. Exposure to a manufacturing/fulfillment/BI/Workforce Management/financial environment would provide you the necessary background to succeed in this position.
- Contribute to a variety of complex test activities throughout the feature development lifecycle.
- Contribute to testing Use Cases / Business Processes in a Manufacturing environment
- Review product specification and requirements.
- Create test plan/strategies for new Analytics functionality.
- Identify the appropriate approach/framework and implement automated test suites.
- Maintain automated regression test frameworks for the Analytics engine for current and previous supported releases.
- Provide support and maintenance for previous product releases.
- Analyze test differences and investigate root causes.
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in computer science / mathematics with at least 1-3 years of experience in a software development or test position.
- Exposure to manufacturing/fulfillment/BI/Workforce Management/financial business requirements/practices is a definite asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Programming techniques/languages (OO, .NET, Java) (nice to have)
- Proficiency in automated testing using a variety of techniques like NUnit or JUnit would be a definite asset.
- The ability to ‘think outside the box’ is crucial in this fast paced environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities.
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation.