Planner / Buyer
We are currently recruiting for a Planner/Buyer. In this position you will report to the Director of Supply Chain Planning and be responsible for the timely production planning of finished goods and for all communication and coordination between our manufacturing facility and partners, and all supporting disciplines. Specifically, you will:
- Plan/Procure Finished Goods in support of our demand forecast and inventory goals.
- Maintain and track supply chain planning metrics critical to customer fulfillment, product freshness, inventory management & co manufacturing vendor performance.
- Drive all planning operations related activities/ tasks per required monthly schedule.
- Drive the co manufacturer vendor-WellPet relationship, track finished products yield performance, ensure production, testing and delivery of finished goods per WellPet required lead times.
- Support the marketing group with transition of inventory related to new product launches, line extensions and any other changes.
- Work with existing suppliers on an ongoing basis to support program and product requirements.
- Support the Sales and Operations Planning process as needed by collecting data, preparing presentations, etc.
- Travel to suppliers as needed.
- Living the WellPet values and culture and doing whatever it takes for the pets who depend on us.
This position is ideally suited for an individual who is analytical, detail oriented, and organized. Other requirements include:
- BS degree in a related field
- 5+ years of planning, purchasing and vendor relationship management experience in a manufacturing environment or a consumer products/goods company
- Strong analytical & reporting skills
- Exposure to forecasting and demand planning preferred, ability/willingness to learn the process required
- Strong, results-oriented, project management skills with demonstrated ability to work with multiple disciplines and lead everyone to a common goal
- Extensive experience using formal planning systems (MS, MRP, ERP & Demand Planning) IFS experience a plus.
- Knowledge and implementation of Lean tools and process mapping a plus.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Collaborative, team player with a “can do” attitude