Junior Distribution Analyst
Logistics Management Institute
A not-for-profit management consulting company headquartered in McLean, Virginia seeks a highly skilled commercial distribution specialist for a logistics studies and analysis position. The position requires a deep understanding of commercial and third party distribution business practices. Work location is Scott AFB, IL.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee third party warehousing and storage of material
- Analyze material demands for optimum distribution solutions from multiple locations
- Conduct analysis to support material substitutions from existing stocks
- Process design and analysis supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Analyze problems and design technical approaches for identifying a practical range of solutions
- Cost estimating and analysis to support new procurements, storage solutions and transportation requirements
- Perform market analysis and conduct trend analysis for cost and capacity studies
- Support one or more project teams simultaneously
- Produce written reports.
- Develop and present PowerPoint presentations
- Ensure product quality.
- Bachelors Degree in industrial engineering, operations research, logistics, business, or other related quantitative discipline.
- Masters Degree is preferred.
- 5-10 years experience in commercial transportation, distribution, warehousing, supply chain management/execution, manufacturing production control, or logistics practices. Education beyond the minimum requirement cannot be substituted for experience.
- Ability to work in teams supporting a wide variety of corporate interests.
- Proven history in problem solving and analysis.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, LMI will only consider applicants with current security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Please note that only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills and be an expert user of Microsoft Office software.
- Applicants must be capable of performing travel requirements as needed (estimated to be 1-2 two-day trips a month).
- Lean Six Sigma or program management experience a plus
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Location Scott AFB, Illinois, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular