Regional Manager Network Design, Americas
Opportunity Details: Consider a career with us:
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity’s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day.
This person is responsible for the design, development, and budgeting of optimal supply chain solutions. Candidate will be tasked with supporting TE and BU’s in answering strategic questions such as where to build, how to distribute, and where to source raw materials utilizing a Total Landed Cost methodology. Activity involves significant interaction with the BU’s, sales, 3PL’s, and TE’s Regional manufacturing/repair operations.
- This position will expose the candidate to a wide variety of supply chains while working strategically with many of the world’s most prominent high-tech OEM’s.
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organization is required for pro-active business development situations.
- Maintains high accuracy and documentation standards under all circumstances
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DELIVERABLES:
• Lead the Network Design activities in the Americas region;
o Initiate and perform network design studies and implement policies/tools to improve logistics efficiency in the region
o Support Business Unit projects footprint optimization projects and other requests
• Support the development of regional policies and procedures to reduce costs and improve service in close relation with the regional Transportation and DC Management leads.
• Drive Innovation and Continuous Improvement in the region in close coordination with the regional TEOA leadership and other corporate functions (i.e. Procurement)
• Report out on improvements made and achievements realized through periodical updates using standardized systems (TEBIT)
• Maintain clear documentation of all steps in the Business Case process including stage gate reviews.
• Design, development and budgeting optimal logistics supply chain solutions.
• Manage the design of the optimum supply chains projects based on BU or corporate requirements
• Evaluate and determine ideal manufacturing and/or distribution locations by utilizing a Total Landed Cost methodology
• Conduct supply chain network analysis based on understanding of products, trade compliance and regulatory issues.
• Interact with BU’s and site resources to identify requirements, constraints, and objectives of a given supply chain problem. Once work is complete, present supply chain designs, options and cost analysis
• Analytical person with hands on experience in developing and deploying Total Landed Cost
• Experience with Network Optimization software (i.e. Cast, Llamasoft, ILOG etc.)
• Desire is for an experienced and well-rounded candidate who can draw from their strong logistics background involving transportation, warehousing, reverse logistics, customs compliance, international trade, and inventory management.
• Ideal candidate has Business degree (preferably concentration in logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, or related field). Preferred coupled with 10+ years of related experience.
• Familiar with database principles and data manipulation techniques
• Candidate should have strong analytical abilities as a component of the work involves logistics and supply chain modeling. Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Access or/and Supply Chain Design Software would be a significant plus.
• Experience working as a logistics manager, work in the global freight industry or work in logistics in the electronic manufacturers industry would be a plus as logistics is key component of the job.
• Candidate has good working knowledge of the specific legal, tax and trade compliance regulations in all major (manufacturing) countries in Asia Pacific
• Candidate has good understanding and feel for Transportation and Warehouse related costs.
• Bachelor or Masters in Logistics or Supply Chain
• APICS or similar is a pro
• Spanish or Portuguese is a pro