Project Manager, Operations
Consider a Career with us:
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity’s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day.
Project Manager responsible for the coordination of DataComm footprint and migration activities in the Asia region. Work will include existing plant to plant migration activity as well as new product deployment (NPI) into high volume manufacturing sites, both internal and external.
Expectations will be closely aligned with Operations KPI’s, namely those surrounding OI improvement, product launch on time/ to cost and customer satisfaction (migration success).
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
Footprint Consolidation and Optimization
Work will include identifying and executing to the DataComm strategic footprint plans as directed by TE Management.
- Coordinate all activities related to plant to plant GPL migrations. Includes team building between Sending and Receiving sites and collaboration of activities with many other organizations within TE.
- Coordination of all aspects of equipment and process transfers to achieve footprint goals. Interactions to include Product Management, Materials and Procurement organizations, Sales, Plant Teams, Engineering (ME and PE)..
- Identify key areas of concern and potential improvement in any process under review for transfer. This would include:
- Pull together timelines and tracking methods to convey progress on migrations and actions to assure successful project execution.
- Work on new manufacturing facilities will be a potential responsibility. Work will include interactions with local and Provincial governments on regulations and requirements, inter-company experts on site and building design/development and outside consultants on all aspects of new facility development.
- Cost Savings
- EHS concerns
- Scrap reduction
- Supply chain/process improvements
New Product Deployment
Work closely with Manufacturing Development Teams (MDE) and Product Line Teams (PLT) on identifying sources of production of new products coming out of Development. Included in this role is a need to understand connector and cable assembly concepts for interactions with Core Teams and Plants.
- Coordinate activities for NPI with our plant ME teams.
- Work with Core Teams on identifying Make vs. Buy, if presented with situation.
- Coordinate with the plants on resource planning of technical and operations personnel. Project pipeline analysis of NPI, with timely feedback to DataComm Operations on needs, based on pipeline.
- Work with plants on infrastructure and floor space requirements for those new products entering the HVM.
- Goal is to improve the overall effectiveness of our Gate 5 metrics for Type 1 and 2 projects coming out of the LEAN-PD process. Specific, high level projects will be part of this candidates SET goals.
Education, Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years experience in operations and manufacturing.
- Fluency in English; both written and verbal must be excellent. Chinese national preferred; but not required.
- Strong knowledge in factory operation; preferably in connector or electronics industry.
- Strong analytical skills, including Dbase and spreadsheet use to scrub and convey solid analytics.
- Good command in SAP (Operations)
- Team player with good interpersonal skills, including command of conflict resolution to help broker consensus amongst the teams.
- Demonstrate understanding of financial and operational performance data.
- Ability to present technical information and input to upper management.
- Experience in the use of six-sigma tools and the implementation of lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience in leading a manufacturing operation through a successful lean transformation with demonstrated results in improved performance in all aspects of operations.
- Ability to seamlessly work across a broad range of functions including sales, marketing, engineering, product development, product management, materials, procurement and senior management.
- Solid influencing skills, particularly where there is no reporting relationship.
- Energetic with the ability to inspire a sense of urgency in others.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining a disciplined manufacturing operation with a focus on delivering consistent results with a respect for the individual employee.