Supplier Development Engineer
Virtual / Travel
Tracking Code 215712-072Job Description
- Executes supplier process qualification activities throughout new product, improvement, and change activities.
- Supports global supplier strategy as aligned by commodity expertise and assignments, implementing supplier development activities to drive higher level performance with identified suppliers.
- Performs on-site supplier quality system assessments and process audits in order to assess compliance to defined requirements.
- Reviews, supports and approves supplier initiated changes.
- Owns supplier improvement through the internal and supplier CAPA process and identification of supplier training needs.
- Conducts courses on supplier development and quality system tools & techniques such as 8-D problem solving, FMEA, PPAP, APQP, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
- Participates in cross-functional teams involving suppliers and Invacare functions by assisting suppliers with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities leading to a successful new product launch.
- Reviews prints and specification with suppliers and design engineering to ensure mutual understanding of the product application and performance expectations.
- Coordinates part approval submissions, helping to communicate expectations of the PPAP to suppliers.
- Conducts process validation, develops control plans, and completes DFMEA/PFMEA’s as required.
- Reviews supplier’s inspection techniques, evaluating supplier gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R).
- Maintains supplier quality records in accordance with defined procedures.
- Complete all required training applicable to assigned position.
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree (ME, EE, IE, etc.) or equivalent
- Experience: 5+ years in manufacturingengineering, quality engineering or similar operational/technical role preferably with medical devices.
- Preferred Experience or Training: FDA QSR, ISO 9001 or 13485, APQP, PPAP, statistical techniques, Gage R&R, auditing, problem solving, Six Sigma, Lean.
- Preferred Credentials: CQA, CQE.
- Project management and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Travel up to 50% possible.