Developer Product Supply Chain
VF Corporation, United States
Title: Developer - Product (Supply Chain)
VF Imagewear, Inc., a division of VF Corporation, is a leading supplier of industrial and corporate casual, licensed sports, and branded casual apparel with over $1Billion in sales. VF Imagewear uses a variety of recognized brands (such as Lee, The North Face, Timberland, Jansport) as well as the leading brands within the uniform industry (Red Kap, Horace Small, Bulwark) to provide exceptional lines of comfortable, stylish clothing whether designed for duration in the industrial work setting, building corporate images, or displaying team support.
This position manages the materials/product development process to ensure product objectives are met and an efficient transition to the designated Hub. This includes guiding them through the new ordering logistics and the transition period. Other duties include maintaining databases, communicating development stages, and providing analyses for vendor placement.
1. Develops and manages the product development strategies within the designated hub ensuring an efficient, timely transition of each product as it matures from development into an active style. This includes ensuring attainment of target calendar dates, product cost and pattern specifications to achieve financial objectives.
2. Drives all aspects of the material/product development process for assigned products. Manages an appropriate and effective communication between vendors, merchandising staff, coordination of all supply chain inputs and ensuring target date completion.
3. Manages assessment and communication of product status to key stakeholders, including potential risks to timeline or financial targets.
4. Develops and executes existing supplier capabilities through the education/training of internal customers, merchandising, marketing, and operations as well as existing customer such as the designated hub team.
5. In conjunction with the Manager, Product Development, gathers & evaluates the development variables, such as pricing, cost scenarios, vendor minimums, lead-times, duty restrictions, and logistics needs in support of the materials/product development process.
6. Nurtures connectivity with merchandising to appreciate all aspects of the team???s materials/product development needs to support immediate and long term strategy
7. Ensures proper process and communication flow occurs between Supply Channel and Nashville offices related to all aspects of project development lifecycle from definition to execution phase
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7.
Product development experience preferred
International experience a plus.
Project Management experience
Analytical and ability to process data
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Strong negotiating skills
Innovative and creative problem solving skills
Excellent organization skills
Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects & priorities
Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, Excel, Word & other databases)
Bilingual in Chinese or Spanish preferred.
25% travel - international and domestic travel
Requires non-standard hours to cover global time differences