European Supply Chain Manager
Hexcel, United Kingdom
With our strong investment in research and development, and culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. Over 4,500 people work for Hexcel at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centres around the globe……we call them our “Strength Within"
- Responsible for all operational supply chain activities across the sites in the Reinforcements and Matrix Supply Chain including Planning, Logistics, Inventory optimisation and support of warehouse management
- Manage and co-ordinate the supply chain network across the entire R&M supply chain, from raw materials to end customers
- Manage the communication of planning strategy and tactics to the planning functions at each site
- Lead a robus monthly, annual and long term Sales, Inventory and Operational Planning process across all European R&M manufacturing sites
- Balance demand and supply on a 2-24 month time frame. Track monthly capacity vs order backlog, product misx, plant capacity and actual plant performance. Set plant by plant production and inventory targets for plant schedulers who manage the 1-2 month production schedules
- Responsibile for assessing demand, supply, and inventory in the annual planning process and the quarterly financial estimates
- Establish processes to assess supply chain risk, recommend, and implement appropriate risk mitigation measures. Work with Purchasing to assess supplier supply chain risk and implement mitigating actions
- A key player in determining long term (10 yr) R&M capacity requirements as part of the strategic planning process
- Work with Manufacturing Plant Managers and plant planners/schedulers to identify and act on opportunities to increase inventory velocity, reduce cost and improve customer service levels across the entire carbon fiber supply chain
- Reduce total supply chain cycle time by establishing strategic inventory buffers in accordance with customer expected lead times
- In partnerhsip with Sales work directly with customers to implement supply chain improvements such as just-in-time delivery, shared planning and scheduling, EDI etc.
- Lead inventory strategy for R&M, including dynamic inventory levels, forward-looking metrics, inventory location strategy, and total inventory investment. Represent Supply Chain on the European R&M product management team. Ensure team understands supply chain metrics, performance and opportunities to grown and improve the business. Advise PMT on supply strategies, logistics costs and opportunities, supply chain constraints, and customer service implications. Champion inventory accuracy and Bill of Materials accuracy across all plants
- Partner with European R&M Product Manager on demand management and on product allocation in case of supply chain interruptions
- Ensure best practices are implemented for plant production scheduling
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Science, Engineering, Economics or Business
- APICS qualificed
- Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing experience in a management position within a regional, vertically integrated, multi-national organisation
- Must be an effective communicator with people at all levels of the business
- Driven, enthusiastic and self motivated
- Experience in leading improvement programmes cross multiple manufacturing sites
- A proven change agent
- Able to handle multiple, competing priorities in a matrix organisation. Awareness and appreciation of different cultures
- Willing and able to travel 20-30% of the time.
- Fluent English language skills (written and verbal) essential. A second European language (French, German, Spanish) would be useful
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Hexcel is a NYSE listed international producer of composite materials, reinforcements and structures serving commercial aerospace, space & defense, and various industrial markets. The company is a leader in the production of honeycombs, prepregs and other fibres reinforced matrix systems, woven and specialty reinforcements, carbon fibres and aircraft structures. Hexcel materials are used in thousands of products, making everyday life easier and safer for millions of people around the world. The lightweight, tailorable nature of our materials has helped transform numerous industries over the past 60 years by making products lighter, stronger and faster. We are the strength within many of today’s lightweight, high-performance products.