Dir, Vendor Management
Level 3 Communications - United Kingdom
Location: United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London-UK:London:10 Fleet Place
Job Number: 17933Essential Duties
* People Management- Coaching, managing and the leadership of team of procurement professionals within UK Government Project Procurement categories. Ensuring and developing a high performing team of procurement & supply chain professionals deliver against set objectives and targets.
* Strategic Sourcing- To lead the development of the collaborative category sourcing strategies using agreed methodology developed by procurement and supply chain for Level 3 and to have overall accountability for ensuring successful development and delivery of this strategy for UK Government relevant categories. Senior Level negotiation/ renegotiates new and existing contracts.
* Business Results - To drive team performance and achieve business targets through the use of departmental key performance indicators. These indicators will be developed in conjunction with senior business managers. Develops and measures cost savings, reduction, and avoidance programs and strategies. Proactively reports on cost activity and trend analysis to stakeholders and management aimed at delivering cost savings and avoidance opportunities.
* Relationship Management.- To develop and lead the development of senior relationships that bring a greater procurement commercial and risk awareness and understanding to Directors and Managers and especially the UK Government sales and sales enginering teams across Level 3; To develop and agree a distinct set of goals and objectives with business managers and to have overall accountability for ensuring successful delivery against these goals and objectives.
* Supplier Management- To suppport strategic supplier management using agreed methodology developed by procurement & supply chain for Level 3 and to have overall accountability for ensuring successful supplier management and partner development.
* Business Initiatives -contribute to business improvement initiatives as part of cross-functional teams in order to share knowledge and experience across the organisation and implement change where appropriate. Develops stakeholder partnership and continually identifies new opportunities for cost savings and process improvements, and tracks process towards these objectives. Assists in the preparation and presentation of business cases, return on investment models, and change management programs.
Education and Experience
* Education Level: Bachelor''s Degree
* Field Of Study: Business Studies, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting & Finance, Geography with Supply Ch
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Possess a track record of procurement experience and proven success in strategic procurement roles, 6 years of senior procurement & supply chain experience
Experience should be demonstrated from in hi-tech, and/or telecommunications, 9 years of procurement & supply chain experience
Demonstrable experience of UK Government, Buying Solutions, Government Procurement Service and related bodies.
Experience of leading and delivering procurement transformation sucessfully within 1 or more organisations of between 1-2 years in total.
Excellent commercial contract negotiation capability.
Track record of dealing with and working at senior management level in organisations.
Demonstration of good progression within procurement career with a excellent record of achievement.
Self starter with strong stakeholder management capability.
Commercially astute with a clear understanding of building robust business cases and managing risk.
Sense of urgency and demonstration of tenacity and persistence in their approach to building and developing excellent relationships with suppliers / vendors.
Self assurance and confidence to 'hit the ground running' as well as ensuring involvement of other team members
Substantial understanding of finance principles and contract law
Member status with one or more procurement body such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)