VP of Supply Chain
Food Company, New England
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement in Supply Chain operations.
- Review and evaluate supply chain and streamline processes and relationships.
- Manage global supply chain: Work with international manufacturing facilities to develop accurate forecasts, inventory levels, and safety stock to manage on hand and in transit inventory levels.
- Responsible for the direction and coordination of all purchasing activities.
- Supervise Logistics and Warehouse team: Monitor all inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods, conduct quarterly inventories, monitor shrink and waste, work with shipping team on delivery coordination of all outgoing orders, and develop SOP’s to further department protocols.
- Oversee Customer Service department: Manage all incoming orders, communication with internal sales teams and brokers and coordinate all delivery schedules.
- Further develop key KPI’s to monitor order accuracy, lead-time and customer fill rates.
- Manage forecasting process: Conduct monthly team meetings to review and update forecast.
- Supervise production planning: Work with the Demand Planner to implement process by which supply chain utilizes the forecast and works with manufacturing team to set weekly production schedules.
- Develop KPI’s to monitor on hand inventory levels, safety stock values, and accuracy of production versus suggested targets.
- Provide insights, evaluations, and recommendations on potential new contract manufacturers Conduct on-site evaluations of operations.
- Develop proposals for management team; identify risks and opportunities, and requirements to move forward.
- Implement new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), MRP (Materials Requirements Planning), and WMS (Warehouse Management Systems).
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing and others as necessary.
- Role reports directly to the CEO and is a member of company’s Leadership Team.
- Role is instrumental in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- 5-10 years Food or Beverage industry experience.
- Strategic and operational experience at market / business level, in Procurement, Demand & Supply Planning, Inter-market Supply, Customer Service, Physical Logistics, Factory operations.
- Strong professional knowledge in all aspects of supply chain (planning, purchasing, transportation, warehousing, order processing and customer collaboration).
- Strong leadership skills and team building experience.
- Ability to survive and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Financial acumen to include knowledge and comfort with managing P&L cost and profit drivers.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution at the strategic and functional level.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.