View the full job description here.
Key member of the Global Product Supply group, managing North America supply planning team responsible for issuing purchase orders, providing forecast requirements to suppliers, coordinating capacity information with plants, distribution, customer service and transportation to ensure product availability. Deliver department goals by using strong leadership, implementing business initiatives, understanding long term capacity and evaluating business performance. Ensures cross-functional communication between business units, manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourced supply, sales, marketing and trade to achieve company goals (e.g., service, inventory and revenue goals).
- Develop MRP parameters to replenish inventories to meet customer service objectives, while at the same time supporting the company inventory turn target
- Work closely with brand, marketing, and product development teams to support new product launches.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, domestic and foreign, and become familiar with vendor capacities and capabilities in order to direct the scheduling of production
- Establish department level process measurements and metrics, obtain feedback, analyze results and generate reports
- Recommend changes resulting in improved service and inventory turnover. Rigorously implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop high level operating plans on purchasing plans for suppliers based on the demand plan, inventory plan, cash, and capacity constraints. Monitor and adjust the plan as business inputs / needs change
- Coordinate supply plans with supply planners to support customer requirements. Provide product availability to events/demand back to sales/marketing
- Input into monthly Sales and Operations Planning management review to ensure cross-functional business plans are synchronized in future periods and key disconnects are highlighted and resolved
- Coordinate and work with planners on priority calls related to shortages
- Propose capacity/operating plans with domestic manufacturing plants regarding equipment and resources
- All other duties as assigned
- 6-10 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Forecasting, Sourcing and/or Inventory management
- Familiarity with ERP inventory management system, preferably SAP
- Strong cross-functional working relationships, able to work in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated data driven problem solving. Strong analytical skills and ability to implement necessary changes
- Presentations to Executive Management Level professionals
- Project / process management experience
- Strategic leader providing global guidance on planning issues
- APICS certification
- SAP knowledge