3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2012 3:35 PM by sestrobl

Working on Metrics and Scorecards, need help with counting the # of lines in a report

sestrobl Novice

I need help with syntax to create a scorecard that calls a metric, the metric that we are looking to capture is the equivalent to the number of lines in a worksheet.

I can list the Part Numbers,and create a column with the value of "1" for each row, and then set up my filter criteria. Again the goal is to identify the number of PNs that meet a specific criteria for the given day.

However, doing this creates areport with 53 lines, but I want 1line that says "53", so I can call on this metric to show there are 53 PNs with this criteria this week. # of PNs that meet this same criteria should be different week to week.

• Re: Working on Metrics and Scorecards, need help with counting the # of lines in a report
          gabriel_barba Apprentice

Hello Steve,

Have you tried using summarization to show total of your "1"s and do not reset that column? that should show the 53 you are looking for.

Regards,

Gabriel

• Re: Working on Metrics and Scorecards, need help with counting the # of lines in a report
              sestrobl Novice

Good idea, but I actually get 467.

This is because the criteria I'm using in the filter allows for any given

Part Number to have multiple hits.

So when I'm trying to get 53 (the number of unique PNs in the list), those

53 PNs have attributes that match the filter 467. For example a PN can be

delinquent and waiting on a planned order, purchase req, and/or a purchase

order (or multiple orders). Frankly for this metric I don't care why it's

delinquent, just that it is.

I truly need an option that counts the number of lines.

Steve Strobl

From:       Gabriel Barba <kinaxis@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>                                                                               

To:         Steve Strobl <steve_strobl@raytheon.com>                                                                               

Date:       10/22/2012 02:12 PM                                                                               

Subject:    [ID:16286] New message: "Working on Metrics and Scorecards, need help with counting the # of lines in

a report"                                                                                

Steve Strobl,

A new message was posted in the thread ID:16286 "Working on Metrics and

Scorecards, need help with counting the # of lines in a report":

https://community.kinaxis.com/message/90510#90510

Author  : Gabriel Barba

Profile : https://community.kinaxis.com/people/gabriel_barba

sestrobl Novice

I figured it out,

Make a metric worksheet with a Part.name column with the grouping function "grouped by" and generate a filter for all the possible failure modes

Then make a composit metric worksheet and call on the column defined above using the "listcount (column name from above)" function and use the grouping function "sum".