To view the complete job posting, and to apply, click here.
Managing a team of planning and purchasing personnel to ensure external customer and Internal KPI's are achieved and that staff are motivated and developed to their full potential. The Lead is expected to understand detail of forecast generation, demand shaping techniques and variables and workings of the advanced planning system. In addition you must be able to guide and support staff with developing solutions to system, process or account issue. Drive and expedite the Materials team to maximize opportunity to meet Customer Supply Measurements while challenging internal Materials Processes and providing Managerial summary on issues in processes or people contributing to Materials related goals.Front End point of contact for the customer on Materials related requirements.
- Meet Customer KPI’s for backorders and delivery performance to customer.
- Prepare delivery projections and recovery plans and present on a weekly basis to customers and internal Management.
- Drive and expedite the Materials teams (Planning, Purchasing, RTV, and Technical) to ensure the most optimum performance to target is met.
- Summarise to management consistent issues found in process failure which require improvement.
- Initiate creative solutions to Planning Team lead, Purchasing Team lead, RTV/Technical Support and the customer if necessary to enable improvement in processes and delivery.
- Attend and represent Materials Dept for any technical related issues, i.e. Technical Material Review Board (MRB)
- Achieve both internal and Supplier forecast Accuracy Performance targets.
- Ensure Customer reports are accurate, complete and delivered on time for parts off target.
- Trouble shoots issues within the Materials Department.
- Own inventory performance for the customer account and analyse inventory within the group to determine excess or projected shortages that will affect meeting the customer performance delivery targets. Identify, provide and implement inventory initiatives to rectify off target situation and for future prevention.
- Support and be "hands on" backup to the Planning Team lead & the Purchasing Team lead.
- Actively participate and drive improvement within a cross-functional teams like PM's, operations, RTV etc via lean processes and projects
- Drive, lead, implement and support Business Projects requiring Materials activity encompassing new business and cost reductions.
- Ensure personnel KOI, weekly meetings are structured and formally reviewed with each individual.
- Perform staff appraisals and encourage personnel development plans
- Present weekly to management, Materials Account Status and address issues with corrective action plans and timelines
- Ensure all processes are documented and maintained
- Responsible to train new personnel to the group on customer account details as well as specific job role
- Understanding MPS, MRP & APS systems.
- Forecasting and Demand Planning experience is required
- Ability to use planning tools such as: Baan V, Xelus or Servigistics, Red Prairie, Kinaxis
- Experience with Xelus and/or BaaN is a must.
Ideal candidate posesses the following skills
- Solid management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Understanding of Forecasting and variable that may impact
- Problem Solver
- Strong Excel capabilities
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience requires a minimum of 7 years of Supervising or Managing Inventory Planning / Demand Planning/ Purchasing
- BS or higher (Supply chain, Logistics, Engineering or Mathematics)
- Operational Research
- Supply Chain Management
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Access knowledge
- APICS certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience in implementing Planning & Purchasing Systems
- Understands how to optimize processes associated with inventory planning, forecasting , purchasing specific to service parts used in retail and commercial markets.