To view the complete job posting and to apply, visit: https://honeywell.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1498713
Under the direction of the Commercial Propulsion Global Planning Manager, the "Sr. Global Planner" will have global responsibility for planning of casting from Tier 1 to Tier 2 casting suppliers. This is a unique and new role within Honeywell Aerospace to serve as a critical interface between Honeywell, Tier 1, and Tier 2 casting suppliers to ensure proper planning this entire supply chain. This role will interface with existing global planners, site production schedulers, buyers, and especially Tier 1 and Tier 2 external suppliers to ensure planning integrity across the entire value stream. Additionally, this position will be recommending business improvements and driving continuous improvement in planning and operational performance across key metrics thereby maximizing efficiency throughout Honeywell's internal and external supply chain.
The Sr. Global Casting Planner will also be responsible for and positively impact key casting planning performance indicators and metrics including but not limited to: casting planning linearity and volatility, supplier on-time delivery to commit and request, inventory $'s, inventory days of supply and turns, safety stock health, planning messages, 30/60/90 Pull-in and push-outs, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive internal Honeywell and external supplier casting planning improvements and initiatives
• Leads the development of a casting SIOP process across Honeywell, Tier 1, and Tier 2 casting suppliers.
• Work with analysts, planners, production schedulers, and buyers within Honeywell and external suppliers to drive reduced casting related planning volatility and improved linearity.
• Planning within Servigistics and/or SAP as required.
• Attend and contribute in a multitude of planning meetings including, but not limited to: Tier 2 and Tier 3 daily planning meetings, allocation meetings, CSB meetings, etc.
• Supports and assists in the implementation and maturity of global casting initiatives within and across sites.
• Utilizes Kinaxis Rapid Response workbooks such as Line of balances to improve supply/demand alignment through re-balancing inventory across sites, driving expedites within execution and sourcing functions, and escalating shortages as necessary.
• Work directly with global sites and sourcing to drive improvement in demand/supply alignment and capacity requirements planning as well as rough cut capacity planning.
• Investigate and validate the accuracy of data systems and processes, maintenance of supply chain reporting tools / systems (SAP, Servigistics, Kinaxis, BO functionality)
• Utilize various planner scorecards and dashboards to drive improvements in metrics.
• Review material master changes to ensure casting related planning parameters are set properly.
• Assist in the development of HCMO, Greer, and HCMO casting cell SIOPs, planning processes, 30/60/90 lights on execution, and standard work creation and refinement.
• Gains alignment from managers and stakeholders regarding process change activities
• Continually improves expertise in global
• Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related discipline
• Minimum 5 years experience in materials planning
• Minimum 3 years experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Project management experience a plus
• Proven SAP and/or Servigistics and/or Kinaxis Rapid Response knowledge and experience
• Familiar with best in class materials management and planning practices
• Analytical and complex problem-solving skills a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to function in unsupervised environment
• Ability to take calculated risks and challenge the status quo
• High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks