The Business Systems Analyst Supply Chain fills a critical role to support D&M’s supply chain systems such as Rapid Response and integrates them with other business systems such as SAP and JD Edwards. He/she monitors the system performance, leads enhancements projects, manages system upgrades and ensures current and accurate documentation of the system.
He/she works closely with the application owner, the business owner and the users of the system to achieve D&M’s objective of continuously improving supply chain processes.
- Participates in and co-leads cross-functional teams tasked with solving business issues.
- Travels occasionally to other D&M locations in the US as well as Europe/Japan
- Participates in regional and global support and projects as well as providing subject matter expertise to other D&M regions (Europe and Asia)
- Participates in meetings and conference calls with Japanese and European participants for whom English is not the first language. These calls will often be very early or late in the day, outside of typical working hours
- Partners with stakeholders to identify necessary department resources to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies detailed requirements from business users through interviews, documentation and facilitated working sessions for approved projects and enhancements.
- Recommends solutions accomplishing long-range objectives within area of expertise and sphere of influence while simultaneously balancing functional requirements, business demand and budget constraints.
- Prioritizes activities and escalates as required
- Leads team in analyzing the information and prioritizing the requirements to gain understanding of the business needs and to provide recommended solutions.
- Participates in customer meetings to review, propose and / or evaluate new business opportunities that are designed to improve customer relationships, operating efficiencies and/or add business benefits.
- Manages work plans, timelines and budgets.
- Evaluates relative feedback and ROI to effectively prioritize projects.
- Evaluates project impact through consultation with the business and IS management.
- Creates process models based on business requirements in order to determine the completeness of the information and process components.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Acts as internal resource for the consultation to the business to provide expertise and possible solutions to resolve business needs.
- Develops detailed design specifications for projects and enhancements.
- Designs and develops test plans (e.g. test objectives, test cases, test data and test scripts) for executing unit, integration, system or acceptance testing in order to ensure the solution meets the business requirements.
- Manages user acceptance testing with the business users.
- Performs system configuration and integration testing including the functionality, performance and fit to ensure original requirements are met and defined constraints are worked within.
- Is a co-leader of integration of supply chain systems such as Rapid Response with other business applications
- Performs required documentation according to corporate standards
- Develops, maintains and provides technical expertise in order to transfer knowledge, and delivers knowledge transfer to appropriate personnel for skill development.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Works well with others in a culturally diverse environment
- Establishes relationships with business, IT leaders and technology subject matter experts with sufficient verbal and written communication skills appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrates high levels of energy and enthusiasm to accomplish goals
- Assumes accountability to deliver on commitments
- Good working knowledge of the forecasting, demand planning and supply planning business processes
- Good working knowledge of Consumer Products industry preferred
- Good working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Computer System Validation (CSV) methodologies
- Configuration knowledge of Rapid Response demonstrated over at least one full life cycle implementation
- Additional experience with other software packages (ERP, Business Intelligence) preferred
- Ability to understand and learn new systems and application platforms as this is an evolving role.
- Familiarity with user support as well as software troubleshooting skills and techniques
The D&M Holdings portfolio consists of top companies in the premium audio and video consumer and commercial markets such as Denon, Marantz, McIntosh, Boston Acoustics, Calrec, Allen & Heath and Bosto Acoustics.
From the emerging entertainment-driven home networking market to the flourishing home theater and custom-installation markets, D&M brands are renowned for quality, technological innovation and performance.