Supply Chain Expert Community Newsletter-April 2015

Version 1

Avaya Supply Chain.pngIt’s with a mix of excitement and trepidation that I reach out to you all for the very first time. It’s thrilling to be able to take over the reins of the Supply Chain Expert Community and the 21st Century Supply Chain blog, but I know I have some very big shoes to fill while Melissa Clow is away spending time with her new bundle of joy.

The past month has been a whirlwind for me, getting up to speed on supply chain, learning the rhythm of the community, and juggling the demands of the blog. It’s been an adventure that’s for sure! I’m very fortunate to have such great support from the team here at Kinaxis, and from all of you in the community as well.

SCB Video.pngThere are also many great resources at my disposal, and yours, if you're looking to catch up on the latest supply chain news and trends. I encourage you all to join us on April 30th for a live webcast with Bryan Ball, VP and Group Director at Aberdeen Group and Benji Green, Director of Global Sales, Operations, Supply, and Inventory Planning at Avaya where they will discuss Avaya's supply chain transformation journey. They'll be looking at the drivers for change at Avaya, the five-phase approach used to shift the supply chain organization's focus from low-value to high-value tasks, and how the combination of people, process and technology was used to achieve far-reaching success. Make sure you register today!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you over the coming months.

Alexa Cheater
    Community Manager

RECENT INDUSTRY BLOG POSTS:

Know sooner, act faster and accelerate your supply chain performance!
    Published Apr 10, 2015 by John Westerveld
    When things happen in supply chain, knowing sooner and acting faster can mean the difference between a major...

Commerce 2.0 Consumer Quality
    Published Apr 9, 2015 by Tom Brouillette
    A consumer quality feedback program is a key area of improvement that is dramatically enhanced by the...

Cross-Supply Chain Opportunities

Published Apr 8, 2015 by Lisa Anderson
    I find that cross-functional teams can be some of the most valuable teams that generate winning ideas. By taking...

Is the “shared economy” changing logistics?

Published Apr 8, 2015 by Alvaro Fernandez
    Did you know it costs approximately $100 to send an envelope from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, to Caracas...

Getting Inventory Right: Hope with Hype and Recycled Software?

Published Apr 2, 2015 by Lora Cecere
    It is morning in Orlando. The sun is rising. I am speaking this morning at the Terra Technology conference and...

OTHER INDUSTRY BLOG POSTS:

Click here to browse all industry blog posts