Supply Chain Expert Community Newsletter-September 2013

Version 1

GartnerIBOBubble.pngHello community friends,

September always makes me think of my childhood: summer coming to an end, looking forward to the leaves changing color and, of course, back to school.

Most of us aren't headed to class, but as a recent blog post reminded us, there's always another supply chain lesson for supply chain professionals.

This fall we hope to learn many more lessons as we sponsor and attend several upcoming conferences, including:

• Supply Chain Insights Global Summit: Sept. 11– 12
    • WP-In-Memory-Database.pngLogiPharma Conference: Sept. 17– 19
    • Gartner Supply Chain Summit - Europe: Sept. 23– 24
    • Automotive Logistics Global: Sept. 24– 26
    • And of course, The Annual Kinaxis Training & User Conference: Oct. 24– 26.

Hope to see you at these upcoming conferences. For now, see you on the community!

Melissa Clow
    Community Manager

Make things simply... better
    Published Sep 5, 2013 by Richard Cushing 
    I am a firm believer in what Dr. Eliyahu Goldratt calls “inherent simplicity.” That is the concept that...

The Rise of the Asian Consumer
    Published Sep 5, 2013 by Dustin Mattison
    Upcoming-Events-SEP2013.pngI interviewed Peter Balbus who discussed The Rise of the Asian Consumer...

Advantages—and disadvantages—to clustering manufacturing
    Published Sep 4, 2013 by Jim Fulcher  
    The vulnerability of many organizations’ global supply chains was clearly evident in the aftermath of two major...

US Manufacturing On-Shoring. Current Dynamics, Barriers to Success and Actions to Remove Those Barriers.
    Published Sep 4, 2013 by Dustin Mattison     
    I interviewed Jim Schlusemann who discussed US Manufacturing On-Shoring. Current Dynamics, Barriers...

Click here to browse all industry blog posts.