Terms & Conditions
We’re glad you’re here!
Before taking the last step to create your account we wanted to take this opportunity to encourage you to:
- add your photo and avatar; and
- complete as robust a profile as you are comfortable with.
Online communities that include detailed information about their members deliver a richer experience for all.
Community Participation Guidelines and Code of Conduct
Let’s start off with a few general rules. As a participant of the Supply Chain Expert Community, you hereby agree to the following:
- Obscene, racist or sexually explicit content is not permitted. Kinaxis Inc. (together with its affiliates, hereinafter referred to as “Kinaxis”, “we”, “us”) reserve the right to remove any defaming or insulting content.
- We reserve the right to remove anything deemed, inappropriate, off-topic or otherwise questionable, and to suspend the posting participant temporarily or permanently; however, we have no responsibility to do so.
- No solicitations or advertisements are allowed.
- You must have copyright ownership of all material that you post on our web properties, including discussions, blogs, wiki, articles, and other locations.
- Always clearly distinguish between your work and someone else's.
- You participate at your own risk in the discussions, blogs, wiki, and other locations.
- You take responsibility for your own writing and use the information provided on this site at your own risk.
- Blogs, discussion posts, wiki contributions, articles, and other content is solely the individual opinion of its author, and even when expressed by a Kinaxis employee are not endorsed by Kinaxis; these are all individual personal opinions and perspectives without Kinaxis endorsement unless otherwise stated as such.
- We take no responsibility for the content or opinions posted in our discussions, blogs, wiki, and other locations.
- As an author of content in any form (whether a discussion post, blog, wiki edit, audio, video, or other) you take personal responsibility for that content - its accuracy, tone, legal ownership, and other aspects.
- You shall not disclose confidential or proprietary information in the Supply Chain Expert Community.
- Content included at this site and provided by or on behalf of Kinaxis is the exclusive property of Kinaxis. Content posted by you on this site is the exclusive property of you (the submitter) (or your licensor), however, by submitting your content to the Supply Chain Expert Community, you hereby grant to Kinaxis a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, freely transferable, sub-licenseable right to use the content for any legal purposes whatsoever.
- Your privacy is very important to us so please do not post any personal or proprietary information.
Rules of Behaviour
- Respect your audience. Lively discussions are always encouraged, but never resort to insults, slurs, or obscene language. Steer clear of unrelated topics that could be considered objectionable or inflammatory — such as politics and religion.
- Treat others as you would have them treat you - even if they are new. We were all new once…
- Be polite, please!
- Keep in mind that raw text is ambiguous and often seems ruder than the same words coming from a person standing in front of you. Irony isn't always obvious — text comes without facial expressions, vocal inflection or body language. Be careful of the words you choose — what you intended might not be what others perceive, and what you read might not be what the author intended.
- Argue facts, not personalities.
- Don't ignore questions.
- Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste.
- Be civil.
- Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so.
- Forgive and forget.
- Recognize your own biases and keep them in check.
- Help mediate disagreements between others.
- Remind yourself that these are people you're dealing with. They are individuals with feelings and probably have other people in the world who love them. Try to treat others with dignity.
- Remember the Golden Rule: "treat others as you want them to treat you."
Enhancement Request Portal
Participants who access the Enhancement Request Portal (“portal users”) hereby agree to and acknowledge that they have read and understand the following:
- Kinaxis has not agreed to and does not agree to treat as confidential any suggestions, feedback or ideas provided by you via the Enhancement Request Portal (any “Suggestions”), and nothing in these Terms and Conditions or in the parties’ dealings arising out of or related to the Enhancement Request Portal will restrict our right to use, profit from, disclose, publish, incorporate into our products or otherwise exploit any Suggestion, without compensation to you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Kinaxis is under no obligation to respond to, use, incorporate into our products or otherwise acknowledge any Suggestions you submit.
- Any content included in the “Business Problem, Impact and Enhancement Description” section of all Enhancement Request Portal submissions will be public and visible to all portal users. If you wish for your submission to remain anonymous, it is your sole responsibility to take steps to remove your name from your Enhancement Request Portal profile prior to making the Enhancement Request Portal submission. Kinaxis assumes no liability for your failure to do so.
- Any comments you make on Enhancement Request Portal submissions (whether submitted by yourself or others) will be public and visible to all portal users.
- Portal users are solely responsible for all content included in their Enhancement Request Portal submissions and comments, and all submissions and comments are made solely at the portal users’ own risk. Portal users shall not include information that could identify themselves, their employer or business, or any other confidential or proprietary information.
If you find inappropriate content please use the Report Abuse feature in the Supply Chain Expert Community to notify administrators.
The administrators of the Supply Chain Expert Community reserve the right to update and/or modify these policies at any time without notice. If so, Kinaxis will upload updated copies to the Supply Chain Expert Community. If any future change is unacceptable to you, you must discontinue using the Supply Chain Expert Community. Your continued use of the Supply Chain Expert Community will always indicate your acceptance to this policy and any changes made to it from time to time.