This is my 200th article on the SCRM Blog.
One of my goals for this year was to build a good foundation on supply chain management for you, the readers, to be able to browse through a collection of great articles on supply chain risk management, and related topics.
The rising number of reviews made it possible to have a separate category on SCRM Introduction. In nearly 20 articles I wrote about topics like
- supply chain management in general ( 1, 2) and supply chain strategies ( 1, 2),
- early risk related literature and the Bullwhip-Effect,
- risk management in supply chains ( 1, 3, 3, 3, 5),
- categorization of risks and management ( 1, 2, 3) and
- special risks like disruptions ( 1, 2)
But these article only make up 10% of the now 200 articles published during the last 23 month!
If you are curious to learn more about supply chain risk management, just browse the archive or have a look at the categories and popular tags in the sidebar.
But now let’s go to this weeks news in supply chain management.
- Thailand floods are still in the news, have a look at Reuters for a great overview of the effects on companies in that region. ( Procurement Leaders, Supply Chain Matters, Bloomberg, Bangkok Post, Reuters)
- The CSCMP just issued a call for papers on Contemporary Issues in European Logistics and Supply Chain Management, deadline for the event in April in Frankfurt, Germany is January, 9th. ( CSCMP)
- Supply Chain Management Review has a short summary of a recent group session with SC executives on the current issues in supply chain management. ( SCMR)
- The case study on Ciscos efforts in supply chain risk management can be previewed for free in the form of a (full) inspection copy. ( GlobaLens)
Also have a look at my articles of this week:
- On Monday I had a look at an article on Discovering the Right Planning Approach for your Supply Chain.
- Wednesday, was all about flexibility: The Power of Flexibility for Mitigating Supply Chain Risks.
Enjoy your weekend!
Originally posted by firstname.lastname@example.org (Daniel Dumke) at http://scrmblog.com/archives/315-Flood-Disruption-This-Week-in-Supply-Chain-Management-43-2011.html